DAZ Studio no longer shows ALL surfaces settings

msep_aec684d3fdmsep_aec684d3fd Posts: 32
edited October 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

Here's the issue:

I am using the current version of Daz Studio. When I used to look at an object in the surfaces tab of the Parameters interface, if the object itself was selected (not the various individual surfaces and their settings), the interface would list ALL of the surface settings automatically. Then, by selecting one of the individual surface areas, I could view only the surface settings for that particular surface area.

NOW what happens is if I select the overall object name, nothing happens. No settings are shown. I have to click into the individual surface areas and find the particular setting I am interested in.

For example, if I have an object that is a t-shirt and the name of the object is T-Shirt, and it has individual surface area settings for the Shirt, Collar, and the Sleeves, previously, I could click on the name of the object--T-Shirt--and it would show all of the settings for the all of the areas in a long list. Now i have to click on Shirt, then click the individual parameter, and then at times select something within that parameter to see any settings at all. If I want to look at the Collar settings, i have to click into Collar and find the individual parameter that controls what I want to change.

I want to be able to just click on the name of the object and see all of the settings. Is there some preferences setting that controls this or do I have to reinstall Daz Studio to fix it.

Post edited by msep_aec684d3fd on

Comments

• I'm not on the most recent release ... IF something in Daz Studio happens to go a tad glitchy, rather than reinstalling, etc., - try switching workspace layouts. Going to a different layout, then back to the one you want fixes some of the occasional glitch moments.

• I'm not on the most recent release ... IF something in Daz Studio happens to go a tad glitchy, rather than reinstalling, etc., - try switching workspace layouts. Going to a different layout, then back to the one you want fixes some of the occasional glitch moments.

That worked! Thank you for your response.

• Wonderful :-)