attached bits madness

attached bits like buttons, belt ties, drinking horns, pouches are driving me nutsangry

reparenting them in D|S is useless

best I can do is convert them to props and import them separately, attach in Unreal for animated extras

create a socket and attach them for player

otherwise I need to use the transfer utility and make them into conformers

that Viking Handmaiden outfit has been driving me nuts today, after fiddling around forever in Unreal I think I might just convert them all to props in D|S and conform them

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814

I fixed this one by exporting the belts, horn straps and pouch and straps as obj and reimporting and using the transfer utility

Some things you are better off doing most of the outfit

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

yeah this is why i hate this "daz riggid system", while in daz it is "wonderfull" use it outside daz is a nightmare and even when you use the transfer utility not everything will work fine some stuffs can bug in the mesh when using the transfer, like this:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-warrior-of-dusk-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

the gems are "attached" if you try to use the transfer utility the gems will go "inside the mesh" they don't stay in the same place".

some outfits like for exemple this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-victorian-butler-for-genesis-8-males

where like 70% of the outfit are attachments will be a nightmare and worth the drama to export to unreal due to the ammount of "efforts you have to put to add all the stuffs.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814

yes are a nuisance going to iClone too but it is at least easier to export each separately and attach them there as props.

more and more clothing has this issue 

it used to be the exception now it is the norm

• Those things annoy me as well.  I've got some code written to deal with it, it's not done yet though.  The problem is they get exported without any skin weights, so I'm trying to just give those surfaces a weight at transfer time.