NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
edited July 2014 in The Commons

I have 3 items in my Wishlist.
What is going on?????

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Mine is all still there. Perhaps they are working on it again.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited December 1969

I read in the forums about a year and a half ago that several people had trouble- and most of them had over 200 items in their list. I can't remember what I had but I didn't think it was that many.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I only have 53 so I am no where near that mark. It is possible that it reached its limit I suppose.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    I read in the forums about a year and a half ago that several people had trouble- and most of them had over 200 items in their list.

I was one of them, and I had (I think) under 100 items. And then when my wishlist was finally brought back, there was some stuff missing, a few I was sure I'd removed from the list some time before it vanished, and a few I'd already bought long ago. When you get it back, check everything just to make sure.
    edited July 2014

Um, maybe I'm part of a test group? I don't remember what the wishlist looked like when they changed it, but this looks really different. The price is right by the image and the comments are off to the right.

So you have image, then the price next to that, and add to cart right under the price (and both are right by the image.) Neat! What does your setup look like?

Post edited by Novica on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I've never lost any items from my DAZ wishlist, but I did a couple of years ago when RDNA moved their site. Luckily I only had about 6 things in that wishlist at the time.

Ever since then I've had a graphic screenshot of each of my wishlists in the 3 big stores. I edit them every time I add something new, or buy/remove something, giving me a record of what I had in each wishlist in case something like this ever happens again. Luckily it hasn't, but you never know.

Of course, I've never had over 40-50 items in my wishlist here, so I'm not sure if anyone with a huge wishlist would want to do what I do, but it's just my 2¢ FWIW.

edited December 1969

Doing a screenshot. Do you folks have an "add all to cart" button and "share wishlist" button at the bottom?

edited December 1969

So is this just like the recently updated wishlist, or is it a different format? I can't remember.

wishlist.jpg
    1200 x 555 - 57K
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Doing a screenshot. Do you folks have an "add all to cart" button and "share wishlist" button at the bottom?

i have those buttons as well, but my wishlist is intact

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Novica said:

i have those buttons as well, but my wishlist is intact

+1

haz 5 items intact

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

28 items on mine

edited December 1969

Well, it's going to save me a lot of money :)
    Thanks for the input btw.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

The screenshot you posted shows the new Comment field, which was broken for many moons. It works now. Back during the big switchover, my wishlist was broken by one item that accidentally got added twice. If you have the Share Wishlist button, you can email yourself a copy of the wishlist, which should be complete, even if the visible online version is kaput. If the email looks complete, you can either do Add All to cart, then empty your cart, or ask to have the wishlist cleared by customer service.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,667
    edited July 2014

I believe my wishlist is intact. This is what my wishlist looks like.

daz_website.jpg
    881 x 299 - 53K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

The screenshot you posted shows the new Comment field, which was broken for many moons. It works now. Back during the big switchover, my wishlist was broken by one item that accidentally got added twice. If you have the Share Wishlist button, you can email yourself a copy of the wishlist, which should be complete, even if the visible online version is kaput. If the email looks complete, you can either do Add All to cart, then empty your cart, or ask to have the wishlist cleared by customer service.

Interesting- I'll go try that and see if it works.

edited December 1969

Nope. It just doesn't like me. Nothing showed up.

It's really not a big deal as when I bought things, it didn't take them off my wishlist because I bought them directly. So I had quite a few things that shouldn't have been on there. And because the old wishlist didn't do comments well, none of my stuff had them. So, I'll just have a minimal wishlist for now. Appreciate everyone's help and screenshots. Hope your wishlists stay intact.

edited December 1969

Well, it took awhile but the wishlist email showed up.
    With all two of my items.
    So, that's a no-go, but as I said, no biggie. Thanks again for the suggestion though.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    So is this just like the recently updated wishlist, or is it a different format? I can't remember.

That's how mine's looked for a while now. I wonder if the ADD ALL TO CART button is in response to a suggestion I made in another thread about making it easier to add more than one item to the cart without having to traverse back to our wishlist to add another item to the cart. Unfortunately, my original suggestion was to add checkboxes to the left of each thumbnail so we could choose multiple items to move to the cart, and not necessarily "all" of them at once. That would really be the better solution, or at least in addition to the ADD ALL button.
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,837
    edited December 1969

For whatever it may be worth, I lost my wish list last week. I was trying to add something, there was a Cloudflare error, and after that, no wish list. They were able to restore through April, but everything after that was lost. They also took the time to remove anything that had been purchased already, which was nice. And then once it was back, it was weirdly glitchy for about a day -- I'd add items, and the number would go up, and then it would drop below what it had been before I added anything. I *think* maybe that was them removing items I'd already purchased, but I really don't know.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited July 2014

I lost my wish list a few months back. Fortunately, I had a browser open on my wish list on one computer and I was able to go through it and add all the items back.

I'm not sure what caused the problem.

Post edited by mark128 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,188
    edited July 2014

Novica said:
    Nope. It just doesn't like me. Nothing showed up.

It's really not a big deal as when I bought things, it didn't take them off my wishlist because I bought them directly. So I had quite a few things that shouldn't have been on there. And because the old wishlist didn't do comments well, none of my stuff had them. So, I'll just have a minimal wishlist for now. Appreciate everyone's help and screenshots. Hope your wishlists stay intact.

Novica, are all the missing items ones you had actually bought already? If so, I think I know what happened - DAZ_Jared (I think) posted in one of the threads about wishlists in the Commons that they've been running cleanups to strip out things people already bought. I'll see if I can find that thread...
    Ah, wrong DAZ_J___ - it was DAZ_Jon here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/633204/
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

LOL- pity them if they were tackling my wishlist vs what I bought. The wishlist was worthless when it came time to shop during those sales because you didn't know if it was in a sale or not. So I never used it. I'm not restocking my wishlist as I just use the sale pages. Thanks for sharing that, it probably explains it.