Iray Preview DrawStyle looks strange, especially with older scenes

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this. I'm using the latest (non-beta) version of DS4.12, and I've been reworking some older scenes, but when I use the Iray Preview in the viewport, it comes out looking weird, almost like there's a toon shader at work. For whatever reason this seems to be more often the case if I'm reworking an older (pre-4.12) scene than if I'm starting something brand new.

The actual renders seem to be fine, but it'd be good if I could get an accurate preview. I'm not 100% sure but I think this behaviour may have coincided with updating my Nvidia graphics card drivers.

I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions, or just to know I'm not the only one getting this strangeness.

Comments

• Is the denoiser on? In general, the preview settings are controlled by the Draw Settings pane so there is no guarantee that they will match those in Render Settings.

• AethyrAethyr Posts: 91
    edited October 2020

Honestly I didn't know there were Draw Settings. I'll see if I can find it and check if something got toggled unintentionally.

Edit: The post denoiser was enabled, and disabling that made the preview return to normal. Thanks for the tip!

Post edited by Aethyr on