East Park Ward > required products?

AristocAristoc Posts: 254
edited July 2014 in Product Suggestions

I want to create a scene like on the promo page of East Park Ward, with the new bed, new mattress and especially the curtains.
Do I also need to get west park ward or west park legacy? Just want to clarify this.
Thanks.

http://www.daz3d.com/east-park-ward

Post edited by Aristoc on

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure, I agree its a little confusing: "East Park Ward is a set of textures for the West Park Ward and West Park Legacy 3D building sets and props." I think you need at least West Park Ward, since this product is only textures.

• AristocAristoc Posts: 254
    edited December 1969

Im starting to believe I need both West Park ward and the West Park Legacy. But the "required products" only says "west park ward". Confusing.

edited December 1969

i was just checking these products again and .....west park legacy requires west park lobby....and I still can't find which product actually has the curtains and rails ! it's only mentioned in the texture product (east park ward) but not in the props product...........................too confusing.............forget it..............

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321
    edited December 1969

The page indicates it needs 3 required products,

West Park
    West Park Ward
    West Park Legacy

required.jpg
    817 x 604 - 113K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Be aware that the Required Products section is only mostly reliable — every now and then it shows two or three items, and they're all the same.

Does anyone know if there's something I can actively do to fix this? I've tried the usual refresh page techniques, and it usually doesn't work. All I can do is come back to the page later and hope it's behaving itself.

edited December 1969

West Park
    West Park Ward
    West Park Legacy

Yes. But ... sometimes that is misleading, e.g. an M4 product will show a "required product" as "David 3", when it simply means it will work with D3 also.

In this case, I'm *guessing* the textures will work with just the West Park Ward product. The West Park Legacy are props to fill up the scene, so it will probably fit those also, but they may not be required. And maybe the same for "West Park", a different section of the building. Or ... :-S

Maybe the vendor will stop by to clarify.

edited December 1969

Be aware that the Required Products section is only mostly reliable — every now and then it shows two or three items, and they're all the same.

Does anyone know if there's something I can actively do to fix this? I've tried the usual refresh page techniques, and it usually doesn't work. All I can do is come back to the page later and hope it's behaving itself.

It appears to be a bug in the site software. When I first view an item, it might have two or more "required" products, all different. Then I click on one to see if I own it (long ago I just knew, but now with my *cough* size collection ...), then I go back and the original product page shows the same "required" product several times. And yes, reloading the page does not usually fix it.

I have to admit the site software works pretty well (I complained a lot at first), but this is one bug.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

West Park Ward is the rooms; West Park Legacy has additional furniture/props. East Park Ward has textures for West Park Ward as well as for some of the items from West Park Legacy (some of the props in Legacy aren't appropriate for a clean, new, facility).

There are also 3 scene preloads, some of which require West Park as well.

edited December 1969

East Park Ward says that "West Park Legacy is required"
    But not really. Because I don't want any of the props in West Park Legacy. I'm going to use "hospital bed" instead. I just want the East Park Ward room with the newer textures. So I will skip buying the legacy.
    Thanks.

Steve K said:

West Park
    West Park Ward
    West Park Legacy

Yes. But ... sometimes that is misleading, e.g. an M4 product will show a "required product" as "David 3", when it simply means it will work with D3 also.

In this case, I'm *guessing* the textures will work with just the West Park Ward product. The West Park Legacy are props to fill up the scene, so it will probably fit those also, but they may not be required. And maybe the same for "West Park", a different section of the building. Or ... :-S

Maybe the vendor will stop by to clarify.