Cosmic Dawn Episode 1 [Remake] = Preview

iv about 1/3 completed my episode 1 remake I would love any feedback you all may have 

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317

I think the voice work is good.  Some of the scenes are shot very dark, they could benefit from some high contrast lighting, to highlight the characters against the darker backgrounds. There is an ogre/soldier walking down the long hall,  but his footfalls don't match the soundfx,  when you cut to the midshot from the shoulders up,  it is a better angle because that mismatch is less obvious. Try to remember to choose angles that obscure the limitations of the animating tools you are using. For example When the queen stands from the throne, her skirt cuts into her thigh. If you pick a different angle, that would be less noticable. You control what the audience sees,  use that to your advantage.  Some subtle facial expression change on the elf girl while the Queen is talking would be good too. As far as editing goes it does look like an epic story. The lightning exterior shot looks alright, you could increase the intensity of the lightning to a bright white arc during the flashes. Lots of potential here. Single element that will improve the overall look and feel of the footage, more 3 point lighting on your main characters in each shot.

This second clip does a good job on the elf girl expressions and the queen. Good stuff.

edited October 2020

I like the exterior lighting in this clip. The dialog between the two characters works well cutting back and forth from the mid shot angles. You might want to add some hedges and vegetation to the edge of the path to hide the foot fall slippage from the higher camara angle. Obscuring the view is less work than trying to find an animation that is precise to the speed your characters are moving.  There's a lot of potential here.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • sorry for the long reply FirstBastion thank you for the feedback :) I very much appreciate it, I a lot people have said pretty much the same i have made the dark scenes lighter = 

but i think what I'm missing is experience xD 

but thank you for your kind and honest words ^^