Converting a M4 character (or is it a clothing set?) to G8

I have this character https://www.forender.com/market/outfit/product/1605-deadp-for-v4m4.html and I can't convert it to g8. I have tried using GenX which says it supports M4 bases to convert into genesis 3, which would be good enough for my needs. But when trying to load the figure, it says "Poser figure not supported", or doesnt show in the Source dropdown, as it does in this other person's screenshot (theirs is the one with markings, mine is the one with just the genesis 1, 2 and 3 options).

How can I get my M4 base figure and other M4 figure(s) to show up in the Source dropdown of GenX, like it does for the other person's screenshot? I have installed M4 base and the M4 characters into every library folder I can find, and it still wont show up in this Source dropdown. I have to go to "All products" in the smart content panel to see M4 base, as its not listed under figures, and this DeadP M4 character doesnt seem to have any metadata at all and doesnt show up in the smart content panel under any search term. Is this a sign that my M4 is not installed in a way that Daz can realize its installed?

The files included in DeadP are Mask.cr2 and Suit.cr2 and they are located under the "!-Clothing" folder, so I also tried RSSY m4 to g8 clothing converter. But when executing it on the items, it says 0 items converted, even when I force it to convert.

ed8748b3c923b74b26ce318b436645.png
3395 x 1040 - 653K
Screenshot (2).png
1920 x 1080 - 556K

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Well, DeadP for M4 is a clothing set -- it just happens to cover the entire body, as it's a full bodysuit -- so GenX can't touch it. You'd need to work with Riversoft Art and ask your question in the product release thread to find out why it won't convert.

To get M4 -- and ONLY YOUR BASE M4 -- to show up in the GenX dropdown, you drag and drop the icon from the Content Library to that open space in the GenX pane. I think that's all you need to do to get it to show up as an item, but I'm not certain, since it's been a very long time since I did that. (I don't know if GenX will work with Smart Content; it came out long before Smart Content existed, and I don't think it was updated to become Smart Content-aware.)

After that, in order to get your M4 pose injection files to work, you'd need to also drag and drop the M4 Morphs++ icon onto GenX -- AFTER doing M4. That won't, I don't think, create a new M4 dropdown option; it just makes it possible to use the INJ files to create the characters. You will need to do this every time you want to transfer a new character to G3 -- select M4 from dropdown, add Morphs++, add character INJ file,