Issue with logo bleeding on surface

michael windsormichael windsor Posts: 5
edited September 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi Crew

My first time asking for any help so here goes.

I have a logo I would like on the front of a sea container and when I add to map it comes back with a bleeding edge.

I have tried most formats and much the same. Have tried in layered image editor and get the same.

On a plane primitive no issue.

Any ideas?

Post edited by michael windsor on

Comments

• Could you post some images? How are you applying the logo - editing the map, using diffusr overlay, using the Layered Image Editor, using an Iray decal node?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

If the logo has arcs in it you will need a super hi res logo to avoid bleeding. Are the map and the logo at the same hi resolution? And whoever is printing for you needs a printer that can handle such high resolutions. I doubt you can redesign your logo but dealing with low resolutions usually mean using straight angular edges and not arcs.  

• Thanks for getting back.

I have tried editing the map and the layer image editor. not worked with diffusr overlay.

The res is 2481 x 3508 px.

It was made in Affinity Designer looks crisp in that platform and as I say any amount of trys with different file types not changing by much.

Text looks fine in same file.

?

Capture.PNG
    850 x 762 - 1M
  • if you saved it as a .png remove the transparency and change how it blends in studio instead, studio doesn't like transparent maps I've found.

otherwise you may also need to prevent studio from automatically compressing your image, under render settings> advanced tab, set medium and high threshold to 4000 which should fit your image

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,414

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affinity_Designer

"Affinity Designer is a vector graphics editor..."

Vector graphics does look quite different, as it can be "infinitely" crisp.

How are you bringing the logo into DS and in which format?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

DAZ Studio doesn't use SVGs internally I'd guess and the anti-aliasing is happening on import. Or export as SVG and see if DAZ Studio can handle SVG natively. Or try 16K exports from Affinity Designer.

• What are compression settings in the Advanced tab of Render Settings? The nVidia compression method is not always kind to images.

• Thanks Richard they are attached.

New computer and the card is great but this could be interesting.

Would I just render this frame in another way or adjust the settings?

Compression settings.PNG
    786 x 325 - 62K

Thanks Richard they are attached.

New computer and the card is great but this could be interesting.

Would I just render this frame in another way or adjust the settings?

Have you tried converting the logo into bitmap [JPG/PNG) before bringing it into DS?

• Yes both and at 3000-6000k not much better.

It looks to be worse on some props at 3000

Not the sme on a primative at 3000

Painted.PNG
    714 x 710 - 740K
    Test Cyl..PNG
    710 x 764 - 250K
  • Try setting the threshhold for high compression to 4,000 and see how it looks.

One thing came to mind out of the haze of past memories regarding color red and compression algoritms...

If you change the color of the logo in Affinity Designer to something else first and then convert it to bitmap, is it still bleeding?

• Yes it looks black is less effected. That will be a lot of post work, do you think there is some way to over come this?

Thanks as well for your help.

Also Thanks but the 4000 even 10000  high comp.did not change the image.

Red V Black.PNG
    705 x 660 - 739K

Yes it looks black is less effected. That will be a lot of post work, do you think there is some way to over come this?

Thanks as well for your help.

Also Thanks but the 4000 even 10000  high comp.did not change the image.

Try changing the tone of the red, otherwise there's nothing much to do as the problem is in the algoritms.

I stumbled on similar issue in video editing, when a photograph containing a large red object could not be imported into the timeline without it causing the same effect.

• Many thanks crew for your help I'll keep working at it and let you know if I find anything different.