Concept Renders For New Comic Project

DatamancerDatamancer Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hello everyone!
I'm starting a new comic book series and I thought I would post a few concept renders I completed today. Perhaps some of you could offer some feed back and a little criticism.

Here is a link to my deviantart.com image uploads (Mature Content: Nude Renders)
Grid-Pilot on Deviantart.com

Direct Links to Nude renders
Adult Content

Adult Content

FINAL-CONCEPT-2.jpg
857 x 1234 - 1M
FINAL-CONCEPT-3.jpg
890 x 1270 - 1006K

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,384
    edited December 1969

I like the post work filters you used alot, gives it the arty almost painterly warmth, not 3D effect, that's works well in graphic novels. The nicely contrasting lighting tones work well too. If I saw a comic book page with this style of art I 'd definitely read a few pages to see if the story intrigues me. Because art get people interested and story keeps them reading.

I clicked through to the additional link, it was a cool surprise to see the Living Quarters hallway getting used in a render. And a good one at that. If you do one with a little more clothing I'll showcase a link to it in my "sighting" thread.

• DatamancerDatamancer Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I like the post work filters you used alot, gives it the arty almost painterly warmth, not 3D effect, that's works well in graphic novels. The nicely contrasting lighting tones work well too. If I saw a comic book page with this style of art I 'd definitely read a few pages to see if the story intrigues me. Because art get people interested and story keeps them reading.

I clicked through to the additional link, it was a cool surprise to see the Living Quarters hallway getting used in a render. And a good one at that. If you do one with a little more clothing I'll showcase a link to it in my "sighting" thread.

Straight from the prop author, thank you for the critique and kind words.
    The post work “grit” worked as intended. I was hoping to achieve the concept style art look with the 3D render and because I'm not really an artist I had to rely on some heavy photo shop post work. My biggest fear was putting too much into the final render, I was almost afraid that the images looked a little to processed to the point of being distracting. After reading your review I think I'm on the right track.

Oh and as far as the story goes, I'll be sure to send you a P.M., if your interested, with a few story concepts as I get them worked out. It will be interesting to get your feedback from them as well.

It would be an honor to render out a new image for the showcase. I'll render out a few and send them to you. Look them over and choose the image(s) that best fits what your looking for.

Thanks again FirstBastion
    And by the way, you did a fantastic job on the modeling. Perfect work down to the uber lighting presets. I'm saving my pennies to purchase more of your fantastic models.

• juve_satrianijuve_satriani Posts: 138
    edited December 1969

cool styles. I love it !!!

If you work with PShop Cs6 , I have custom PS actions for converts standart photo to be like paint or toon styles . Its not fully automatic though, you`ll still need inputing some parameters or doing some brush but help saving time rather than open /close filter and adjustment tools.

.If you interest you can PM me. You can looking sample of this action here. http://on.fb.me/Yh9T0b

PS: I`ve already test this action with some "great combo render+postwork images" from DAZ/Poser artist like Isokol`s, and the output is quite interesting :)
    But since I`ve no right to posting those images I can including those images in gallery above .