Reset my downloads for Carrara 8 Pro and got the 8.5 Beta???

GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,048
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I just reset my downloads for Carrara 8 Pro and I got the 8.5 Beta. Why!!!???!!! I needed to install it on my work Mac and when I tried to enter the serial number that is listed in my account, it would not except it. How the heck do I get the previous non beta version?

David

Comments

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited July 2012

I just reset my downloads for Carrara 8 Pro and I got the 8.5 Beta. Why!!!???!!! I needed to install it on my work Mac and when I tried to enter the serial number that is listed in my account, it would not except it. How the heck do I get the previous non beta version?

David

Hi, the re-set should include both the Beta and the Release version of Carrara. I believe from previous posts that the files can look the same in the download list but if you download each one you should be able to tell which is which. I think this was discussed in the Beta thread at the top of the Carrara forum.

Quote from that thread
    "Check your downloads and you will find several downloads including ‘Carrara 8 Pro - Win64bit - exe - pc’ and ‘Carrara 8 Pro - Carrara 8 Application PC 64 - exe - pc’. The latter is the one you paid for."
    A Similar name should apply to the MAC version.

The serial for the Beta is CDZCPRO-085-0000026-BLW-001-EBTOLPQ Expires August 31st, 2012.
    If you use it you should do a separate install to the production version.

Post edited by RoguePilot on
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,048
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the clarification. After I reset the download and saw 64bit and i386, I was clueless as to which was the right one. And then when I finally downloaded I discovered I had gotten the beta version. Went back and looked again and found the right one. Their naming system is so confusing on the download page. Just sayin...

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Yeah, this happened to me when I tried to resort back to the original DS 4.0 Pro after I was getting extremely frustrated with the 4.5 RC. Even though all reset files said they were the 4.0 Pro version, my Application still loaded the 4.5 version.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Go to the second page of your downloads and d/l the actual stable version.