So, how do I install this Daz to Blender Bridge?

I downloaded it through Install Manager and supposedly it is installed but there is no Daz Studio brige thing option in Blender Preferences like it says in this video: I don't know if I am supposed to do something different. I do have some sort of Daz to Blender thing but it isn't from Daz Studio. That is the only thing that is there. So, how do I make Blender see it? I can see it in Daz Studio just fine.

Comments

• Okay, I got it installed.

But now I want to know why does he have aqua eyeshadow? I looked at the nodes or shaders whatever is the proper term now and notice they don't use the regular Principled Shader and even changing this and reducing the SSS to 0 for the face and then the eye socket or whatever did nothing. I even messed with the eyelashes material in the shader editing window and that doesn't seem to do anything.

This is nice and all but the materials aren't great and what is with the grid on his nose? And his eyes are red and the irises are slightly jaggedy not round.

untitled.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • Okay, so I remove the eyelashes and the aqua color is gone. But, he needs eyelashes.

Also, I was playing with posing and there is no IK just FK. But, hey, at least all the corrective shape keys are there. Cool.

Really wish you guys would have made this years and years ago. I wouldn't have had to struggle so much with learning how to fix materials and make armatures.

I swear, I will die before all the stuff I need is available.

• And I don't like how there is a DAZ Sun light and I cannot use my own lights.

The materials look dark in regular Blender lighting.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Start with a few blender tutorials, Blender is a complete 3d package with a ton of bells and whistles, and watching a few will help you get up to speed (since it's a lot different from Daz Studio)

• I already know Blender. I have build models and done some other things I even have exported and imported Daz G8 figures and built armatures for them because when you export they don't import with a rig for posing and I am going through a tutorial on how to use Blender's rigify. So I know Blender. My problem is I don't know how to get rid of that green around the eyes. I have worked out that it has something to do with SSS, Subsurface Scattering, and I also discovered that the 'shader' is actually a group but I cannot understand all the connections in order to fix the 'blue' SSS shader set up thingy.

Really cool thing though is that you can actually convert the rig the figure 'imports' with using this program into a rigify and all the shape keys stay the same! Fantastic! And I managed to parent a wig to the figure and all that now I am working on the clothing.

This is a neat program, the bridge I mean, I just wish I could stop that green eyeliner thing from happening.

I also figured out the lights and how to resize the figure.

Thank You for replying.

Paintbox said:

Start with a few blender tutorials, Blender is a complete 3d package with a ton of bells and whistles, and watching a few will help you get up to speed (since it's a lot different from Daz Studio)

daznodegroup.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 285K
    nodegroupexpanded.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 282K
  • Also, note to people using this if you are using this and want to alter the mesh inside Blender like I tried filling a bald spot on a wig I bought from Daz and you can't so you have to export import as an object using the Poser settings and edit and then parent to the armature. Otherwise the wig resizes itself and acts all cray-cray.