First Time Posing

I’m pretty new to Daz3D, and I’ve been messing around with posing, but this is the first time I posed two figures.

I altered two poses from the 100 ultimate superheroes for gen8 to make this poses. The figures are altered with the Muscularity Morphs  for gen 8 that comes with a swole figure, Genesis 8 male body morphs, and the EJ Face Morhps  and Details.

This third one I forgot to save the file so I tried to recreat it. 

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Nice start! I think the fight scene is looking dynamic and kind of "comic book like" (I mean that as a compliment, comics are awesome! lol). You might try out different camera angles and lighting, as the current angle with the overlapping figures makes it a little more difficult to differentiate between the two figures. All in all, though it's a cool start! :)

• 3Diva said:

Nice start! I think the fight scene is looking dynamic and kind of "comic book like" (I mean that as a compliment, comics are awesome! lol). You might try out different camera angles and lighting, as the current angle with the overlapping figures makes it a little more difficult to differentiate between the two figures. All in all, though it's a cool start! :)

I was trying to get some light underneath and got frustrated it wasn't working. Then my dump ass realized that I didn't have the environments set to scene only.

• edited September 2020

Post edited by Chohole on
  • 3Diva said:

I just used the standard light. I just going figure out how to light them. I also change the camera angel a bit. 

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    3Diva said:

I just used the standard light. I just going figure out how to light them. I also change the camera angel a bit. 

There's two types of Iray lights, the ones from HDRIs and the ones that can be placed in the scenes. Sometimes I take placed lights and parent them to a plane primitive. Then I move the primitive around to change up the light angles. I also change the colors so they can better match the background instead of just using all white lights, which may wash out your render.

hahah These crack me up - very cool! I like the first better, as I think the lighting looks better there. The second one would be cool if the lighting were a bit less shadowy or stark, I think. 

The figure bending over backwards might be a tad too "extreme" as it looks a bit like his spine must be broken to bend back that far - maybe bend him a tad less. :)

These are neat though, and I like that action!

• 3Diva said:

hahah These crack me up - very cool! I like the first better, as I think the lighting looks better there. The second one would be cool if the lighting were a bit less shadowy or stark, I think. 

The figure bending over backwards might be a tad too "extreme" as it looks a bit like his spine must be broken to bend back that far - maybe bend him a tad less. :)

These are neat though, and I like that action!

I love cracking the spine. The first picture is the default lighting. I just couldn't figure out how to light it. 

This another attempt at lighting two figures at the same time. I had to use one fill light each. Oh, and it's my first time posing without using another pose as a base for both figures. Funny enought, I was working on this kick when I had to adjust the broken spine on this one before I read your comment. 

• 3Diva said:

There's two types of Iray lights, the ones from HDRIs and the ones that can be placed in the scenes. Sometimes I take placed lights and parent them to a plane primitive. Then I move the primitive around to change up the light angles. I also change the colors so they can better match the background instead of just using all white lights, which may wash out your render.

I use the default setting on the first one. I left the environment setting to Dome only. 

Where can I learn all that light stuff. (It sounds like a different language for me.)

• edited September 2020

This will be my last render. I'm having a lot of fun with the program, but my laptop had only one core and now graphics card, so it takes forever to render. 

I go back to using the program for what I originally intended it for - to study forms in space so I can learn how to draw. 

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited September 2020

It's unfortunate that it will be your last render, but if your computer isn't up for it, then there's no helping it. Have fun with the drawing! :D Keep in mind that you'll want to study real anatomy too - as 3D figures, while sometimes pretty close, are not as physically accurate as studying the real thing.

Post edited by 3Diva on