Newbie question - Download icon after download?? [solved with thanks]

cheelong72cheelong72 Posts: 97
edited September 2020 in New Users

Hi New User forums,

A quick question.

1. I download products with DIM.
2. then open DAZ studio and look at smart content tab
3. but there are still 'download icons' on the products

Just curious why there are download icons when I already downloaded them via DIM?

Thanks~!

downloadIcon.PNG
918 x 1054 - 2M
Post edited by cheelong72 on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,248

Because Smart Content is more closely tied to Connect than DIM. The download icons are just letting you know that they haven't been downloaded via Connect, but if the product icon is lit up, then you're good to go.

• Gordig said:

Because Smart Content is more closely tied to Connect than DIM. The download icons are just letting you know that they haven't been downloaded via Connect, but if the product icon is lit up, then you're good to go.

It has nothing to do with being tied to Connect, it is as you say - it's letting you know that it can be installed via Connect (a coloured thumbnail tells you it is installed in some way).

• Gordig said:

It has nothing to do with being tied to Connect, it is as you say - it's letting you know that it can be installed via Connect (a coloured thumbnail tells you it is installed in some way).

Thanks Gordig and Richard.

So if I install it again, so that I don't have to see the download icon, it's just over-writing the existing files?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,248
    Gordig said:

Thanks Gordig and Richard.

So if I install it again, so that I don't have to see the download icon, it's just over-writing the existing files?

No, because Connect and DIM install to different locations. Having something installed both ways can create problems.

• Gordig said:
    Gordig said:
    No, because Connect and DIM install to different locations. Having something installed both ways can create problems.

Hmm, I don't think I understand 'Connect' concept.

DIMM is installing into my drive. Where does the 'Connect' install to?

• Oh no...

I just found the two different locations and it's taking double my SSD space.

Should I uninstall everything and reinstall them? Or can I just erase one or the other?

• There's no point in having the DIM installation if you use Connect, just skip it or use DIM and live with the download available icon.

• There's no point in having the DIM installation if you use Connect, just skip it or use DIM and live with the download available icon.

I like the directory sturcture of DIM, so I guess I'll live with the download available icon.

Thank you for your help~