*closed* RRRR Freak Accidents contest

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited July 2014

diomede64 #1 No banana peel, but it looks like the creature was a little heavy for the bridge. Fun render and nice posing!
    emsim #1 A dragon is a great surprise. Hehe. Nice fall!
    Sasje #1 I love the poses, especially the dragon's tongue!
    Totte #1 This one is a lot of fun! I love the action and the details! Jack T's XXXX? Looks like good stuff. I think the racers (and bystanders) will need some. ;-P
    HastyDave#1 Oooh, Dad is a quite the jokester! Wonder what the payback will be.
    Pull #3:
    Michael 4 Muscle Maps
    Highlander: Wildenlander for Genesis
    Dream Home : Dining Room
    Angelo for M4
    Action Kicker Boots

This will have to be really strange.

Post edited by luci45 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Another RRRR - excellent! So here's my Pull #1:

2084 = Short Order Cook for Genesis
    368 = Misty Veil Hair
    2102 = Witch Hunter for V4
    1575 = Bat - Silverkey3d

Hmm, nice weird start I suppose.

TAG:MelanieL#1

Flying Tonight

It was getting late in the day, the diner customers had mostly left and Dave was just clearing up the tables outside when a strange woman came literally flying towards him and sent him tumbling to the ground. He hadn't seen that coming!

Also Used:
    Witch - Isla for V4
    Man - Dean for D5
    Moonshine's Diner and Interior, Diner Tableware, Diner Food 1-5, Carnival Picnic Tables
    Speed Render Stages (dusk backdrop and ambient lighting), Advanced Spotlight

MelanieL1-Flying-Tonight.jpg
    1024 x 896 - 378K
    edited December 1969

Time for another look through the entries so far:
    @Sasje "Keep your mind together" - great fun. Poor old dragon - I love the way you have his tongue hanging out and the dazed eyes.
    @HastyDave "A joke too far" - glad you decided not to show that "accident" too explicitly! Love her expression.
    @Totte "Biker's curse" - oops! I love the ad hoarding and the beat-up car in the background, but WHAT ON EARTH is that construction worker wearing???!
    @Luci45 "The Warlock's Fall" - fantastic concept, must have taken quite a while to do all that. I love the reborn warlock at the end, he's really rather cute. (Interesting new avatar you've got for yourself too - have we seen her before, she looks vaguely familiar?)

And my 2nd Pull:
    561 = Just Rings Goth
    1261 = Al-Khimia (texture set for Alchemy Chasm)
    1058 = Tweens for Justin and Julie
    515 = Working Man for M4 Unimesh Fits

edited December 1969

Thanks, MelanieL, Totte and emsim!

MelanieL said:

@Luci45 "The Warlock's Fall" - fantastic concept, must have taken quite a while to do all that. I love the reborn warlock at the end, he's really rather cute. (Interesting new avatar you've got for yourself too - have we seen her before, she looks vaguely familiar?)

Hehe. I used the hair before and have been using the same face morph - I looked something like that a "few" years ago... %-P

• MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Catching up on posts, still need to find a moment to assemble and render my own. (Had to do a bit of object construction first...)

@emsim: (#1) Great action in this picture. Very dynamic pose.
    @Luci45: (#1) Bet they're going to have to explain how they knew in advance...
    @Sasje: (#1) Terrific all around. The pose on the dragon is great, and his expression just slays me.
    @HastyDave (#1) I could see some prank wars escalating to that. Great way to pull things together.
    @Totte (#1) That could be dangerous, building a road in the middle of the street!
    @Luci45 (#2) Nice short story and good imagery; the third picture is especially good.
    @MelanieL (#1) Beware of low-flying witches! :D Fun image.

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited July 2014

Thank you Totte, Luci45 & Morgan R. Lewis.

RL has been interfering with my ability to finish my second entry but I'm sure I'll finish it before the deadline. I have been enjoying everyone else's entries though.

Sasje #1: I love the dragon's expression. He really fell hard for her! (I couldn't resist)
    Hasty Dave #1: Josie's expression says it all. I'm glad I don't have a practical joker like that in my house!
    Totte #1: This is great - I especially like the billboard. I'm pretty sure the construction worker's attire doesn't meet OSHA regulations though. :-P
    Luci45 #2: I like the story and the layout of the pictures. This was a clever way to bring all those items together.
    MelanieL #1: I love the way the witch is flying along with her head in the clouds - or bats in this case - oblivious to the busboy she knocked over.

ETA: I forgot to comment on diomede #1: This one is fun - the person in that boat is in trouble though!

Post edited by Emsim on
    edited December 1969

tag: luci45#3
    At The Human Being Museum

For the Elebeast children, the Human Being Museum was always a fun place to visit. They didn't care that the exhibits were a bit disorganized and the facts about human history distorted. Their main purpose was amusement. One one occasion Sammy was examining an "Action kicker" boot and his trunk got stuck (the freak accident part.) Marlon was rolling on the floor laughing. To their surprize a security guard showed up to scold them for touching the exhibits, and he was a real human being - Margie was astounded to see a real one and this close!

Michael 4 Muscle Maps
    Highlander: Wildenlander for Genesis
    Dream Home : Dining Room
    Angelo for M4
    Action Kicker Boots

Also Used
    Army General Uniform
    Dress Shoes
    Sculptural Genesis Ultra Fun Kit
    Daydream Dress
    Summerwear
    Dream Home : Foyer_Living Room
    Eclectic Dining Room and Foyer_Living RoomTextures
    Gallerie Simple (Pedestals)
    Western Gear (Rifle)
    Martial Arts Weapons
    Movie Posters (frame) - Rendo Freebie DOAServices
    Classic Shields
    Wagner Hair
    Skies of Tierra Dome
    Pimp My Prop (marble floor)
    Ultimate Shader Pack on Pedestals - Rendo Freebie - georgehaze

At_The_Human_Museum.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 576K
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited July 2014

where oh where did I miss those elebeast characters! now in my wishlist, lol could have used those in my Bopogo image

fun image

Post edited by zawarkal on
    edited July 2014

Pull #1:

DG Metal Overlay Shader Presets (2013 Christmas freebie; no store page)
    Dream Home Basement Decor Eclectic http://www.daz3d.com/dream-home-basement-decor-eclectic
    The FREAK: Accessories http://www.daz3d.com/the-freak-accessories
    100 Essential Emotions for M4 http://www.daz3d.com/100-essential-emotions-for-m4

This could be an interesting one... an idea is already germinating in my head, which is good. And after all, the theme of the contest is FREAK accidents, after all...

Came together pretty much as planned, although I did wind up having to do a bit of model construction myself -- was not planning on that. But it turned out that I didn't have any conveniently-breakable vases to use, so a bit of time in trueSpace was called for...

Anyway, here we go. Pull as quoted above. Also used:

Dream Home Basement
    Freak 3
    Fairy Tale Giant
    Faux Fur Shaders
    Ultimate Shader Pack
    Real Emotions: David (applied to Freak)
    Michael 4
    Stylin'
    Lee Elite M4
    Jewels Eyes
    M4 Basicwear (shoes)
    Gabriel Hair
    Breakable vase of my own creation
    Living Room Collection
    Wilmap Furniture Set 1

Tag: MorganRLewis #1
    Granthor the Mighty, Vanquisher of Porcelain

Fantasy authors always write about the difficulties of someone from our modern world finding themselves stuck in a medieval or bronze-age fantasy. Hardly anybody ever writes about the difficulties of someone from those worlds getting stuck in ours.

Granthor_-_JPG.jpg
    1000 x 888 - 178K
    Post edited by MorganRLewis on
    edited December 1969

@luci45 (#3): Fun image, and very creative. Lots of different elements brought together in a very natural way. (Well, as natural as "elebeasts" can get. :) )

OK, pull #2 for me...

Hover Speed Bike (old DAZ Freebie Archive)
    Surf's Up for G2M (I think this is part of the G2M Starter Essentials; not sure)
    Anna for V4 (by Lillyanna-Windmane, from DeviantArt)
    Bell Earrings (RDNA)

Hmm...

edited December 1969

Thanks, Emsim, Morgan R Lewis, and Zawarkal.

My Fourth pull:
    TOA Legend for Genesis 2 Male(s) and Michael 6
    Timeless Reflections Furniture
    Statuesque
    Old Manor
    English Tack for the Millennium Horse

This one is going to be for Jaderail.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Thanks, Emsim, Morgan R Lewis, and Zawarkal.

My Fourth pull:
    TOA Legend for Genesis 2 Male(s) and Michael 6
    Timeless Reflections Furniture
    Statuesque
    Old Manor
    English Tack for the Millennium Horse

This one is going to be for Jaderail.

He'd LOVE that Luci!

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Tag: Sasje#2

Surprise attack

It was not Britt’s meaning so to scare her uncle.
    She just wanted to say hello, only just went a little bit wrong

RRRR:
    - Mech Girl for A3
    - FW Darc
    - DAZ Barn
    - Newport Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s)

For the rest:
    - Millennium Dog
    - Barn Yard Props from Barn Yard

RRRR_2_Juli.jpg
    1066 x 800 - 289K
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Thank you Luci45, MelanieL, Morgan R. Lewis and Emsim

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

...lost my Net service earlier this week so won't be as frequent a visitor for while as I have to go to the local coffee shop to get online when I can scrape up enough cash to justify my sitting there and using their bandwidth. Will try to get caught up with all the submissions as I have to be off for a meeting in a few minutes (once my DL transfers are complete).

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

TAG: Totte#2

Totte said:

#3906 RW Persian Princess for Genesis 2 Female(s) (18324)
    #456 Opus Magnum (12579)
    #3869 Room Creator Version 2 (5802)
    #4419 Swamp Boat (7407)
    #3889 Rubble 2: Modern Ruins (16471)

Also used:
    G2F + Joanni HD + XTech Dreads
    Lee 6 + Lanny Hair + Yakuza outfit
    G2F + Indessa + Vault Rustler
    Shaders: Metalize
    HDR Pro Set Yosemite

Wrong turn
    Lou-Cindy Al'Ahazared had built her replica of a medieval persian alchemist laboratory in the Everglades to get the right humidity and temperature for her experiments. Meanwhile Lee Van Dahl and his girlfriend the blond bimbo Tina was out driving the Swamp boat. Tina shouted Left!, Lee said Left? Tina Said Right! and Lee made the wrong turn...

wrong_turn_pw.jpg
    1600 x 1005 - 419K
    edited December 1969

MelanieL #1 Lol - how to you explain that to your boss, “I was struck down by a witch on a broomstick”
    luci45 #3 - That’s so fun, so weird, so great so Luci!
    MorganRLewis #1 - Lol - Reminds me of the French movie “The Visitors”
    Sasje #2 - Haham another really great render and poor uncle.

Pull #3
    #3966 SAV Dante (Rendo)
    #2211 Garden of Galahad (9919)
    #2089 Finger Wave Bob (12620)
    #1734 DM's The Unit (Rendo)
    #215 Garden Escape Pergola (12318)

Guess what? A Three environment pull third time around, gaah!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

My draw for this months RRRR. I am and have been somewhat strapped down at this time, due to work roster and personal things. If I do not manage to submit an entry this round I will carry the lucky bastard x2 to next month.

On a side note, Excellent renders here once again so far! Man I love the creativity and inspiration from this contest so many wonderful and talented artists, and looking forward to rejoining :)

RRRR Freak Accidents Draw 1 (+2)
    1. 230 K-Nicky Hair for Genesis (Hair)
    2. 251 Latex Shaders (Material Presets)
    3. 114 Dental Plan (Morphs)
    4. 447 Tori for V5 (Character)
    Lucky Bastard additions:
    5. 224 Horse Accessories DS (Props)
    6. 49 Bucket List (Props)

edited December 1969

TAH: Totte#3

Totte said:

#3966 SAV Dante (Rendo)
    #2211 Garden of Galahad (9919)
    #2089 Finger Wave Bob (12620)
    #1734 DM's The Unit (Rendo)
    #215 Garden Escape Pergola (12318)

Also used:

Genesis + Wavery Character + Colors for Finger Wave Bob + Cute Minidress and Shoes
    Genesis + Gen X + Vetran War Dog
    Raw Energy FX
    Jepes’s Specialz1
    G2M + Chen + Yakuza Outfit + Kami Hair

Last Scene
    During the shooting of the last scene, someone had accidentally wired the electric fence to real electricity and the lead actess had eaten beans for lunch...

opps-lightning-pw.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 444K
    edited December 1969

Pull #4

#5004 Waste Container (16610)
    #1428 Columbian Mammoth (12066)
    #2833 Lost Gallows (17447)
    #1077 Beret with Hair (2746)
    #3148 Moon Hair - MSC (Rendo)

This was a very weird mix - will be fun!

edited December 1969

Thanks,Totte,

MelanieL#1 LOL. I love the posing and expressions. The details are pretty cool too - the bats, flying tableware and apron. The dark lighting adds to the weird mood really well.
    Morgan R. Lewis #1 Ooops. It didn't look that fragile to Granthor maybe and he surely needed to pound on something, since that is what he does. I love the exprssions and poses, and the fragments. I really need to learn model construction - it is really handy sometimes.
    Sasje #2 Haha, crazy girl, that Britt. Nice scene, beautiful lighting!
    Totte #2 This is a truly insane Totte render! I love it! Great use of the pull. I wonder how long Lou-Cindy will last in the Everglades with these lovely neighbors.
    Totte #3 Oh, that is just wicked! :roll: ;-P

• HastyDaveHastyDave Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

Tag: HastyDave #2

Gone in 60 Pickles

352 Dress shoes for Michael 6
    1441 Yamaki GTX-R Textures 2
    1098 School Daze for Parkside High Recess
    109 Bad Guy for Genesis

Gone_in_60_Pickles.jpg
    1300 x 919 - 768K
    edited December 1969

Well I'm almost despairing of ever finishing my second entry - it has been so hot here the past week or so that I could hardly bear to sit at my rendering PC which lives in a tiny room - so what better excuse to sit in a cooler spot with the laptop and look at the forums...

@Luci45 "At the Human Being Museum" - cute critters, lively posing - another great one from you! (Thanks for the comments on my #1)
    @Morgan R. Lewis "Granthor the Mighty..." - oh poor Granthor, he looks so ashamed, like a naughty schoolboy! Great idea. (And thanks for your comments on my first too)
    @emsim - thanks for your comments on my batty witch.
    @Sasje "Surprise attack" - I think I blame the dog! I love the lighting in this one.
    @Totte "Wrong turn" - great stuff! And I didn't realise Opus Magnum was so versatile - works rather well in a modern setting.
    "Last scene" - are you going for the Ken O'B prize for gross-out humour (I think it was Ken who did the beans joke last?) Nice effects.
    My you've been busy this weekend (and thanks for your comments on my first too)
    @HasyDave "Gone in 60 Pickles" - nice wreck, nice render. (And that list on the blackboard must have taken some time too - I guess you have a sizeable runtime?!)

edited December 1969

Thanks for your comments Luci45 & MelanieL.
    HastyDave #2 - Yea, he even looks like Vin Diesel, nice one!

edited July 2014

Tag: Totte#4

Totte said:

#5004 Waste Container (16610)
    #1428 Columbian Mammoth (12066)
    #2833 Lost Gallows (17447)
    #1077 Beret with Hair (2746)
    #3148 Moon Hair - MSC (Rendo)

Also used:
    Bill Big Truck and Trailer + Metalize + D5 + Delivery Driver + Alpha Scalp
    Residential + Cloud Nine Domes
    V5 + Womans Business Suit + Sports Car meteor + Metalize + Real Metals + Real Paint
    Old Bicycles + Old Bicycle Poses + Genesis + Nigel M5 + 19c Frock
    Genesis + Johan + Corsair
    LPVehicles

Bad shortcut
    The delivery driver with cargo for the history exhibition at the town museum wanted to save the road toll and took a short cut...

bad_shortcut_pw.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 293K
    Post edited by Totte on
    edited July 2014

@Sasje (#2): Another great pose here; really has that sense of being an ongoing motion. Great lighting as well.
    @Totte (#2): Always seems like a driver-navigator duo is more dangerous than a driver alone, doesn't it?
    (And I think I've heard of The Visitors; I'll have to check it out some time.)
    @Totte (#3): Ouch. I don't think that'll go into the director's cut.
    @HastyDave (#2): I can only imagine how long it must have taken you on the blackboard. Worth it, though, as it really sells the homage.

@Luci45: Thanks. Model creation can be a pain in the neck sometimes, and there are certainly things I'd never want to tackle with it, but you're right that it can come in handy.

@MelanieL: Thanks, Melanie. I'm glad the "naughty schoolboy" impression came across; I worked on Granthor's pose probably longer than anything else in the scene other than creating the vase.

EDIT: And a quick addition, since Totte had that sneaky little cross-post while I was typing this up: Really fun image for #4. Lot of craziness going on in there. I love the face-down soldier falling right in front of the bicyclist.

Post edited by MorganRLewis on
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Just lurking around in anticipation of joining some day. I like all the renders I see here, and realize just how much I have yet to learn.

Not casting votes, just saying. I really like both of Totte's entries. "Wrong Turn", and "Bad Shortcut". Where's my decision dice, lol.

Silly question, as my collection is lacking verity in allot of areas. Say I roll nothing except outfits and hair, Am I limited to just using that, or can I add to the list (so long as I use the stuff from the dice roll, per page 1 rules)?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited July 2014

...you can use as many other items as you need too make the selections work. For example I had one pull that had three scene sets, one prop, and only one character oriented item (clothing). Ended up with 8 figures in the scene and a lot of other items to make it work.

Took first place for that month.

As long as all the pulled items are there and can be readily identified (even if it is just a part of one) you should be OK.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited July 2014

Thank you, I guess I'll try some "Dry run attempts" after supper. Just to see how this works out. Something like 4 sets of footwear (that I can find), 5 environment sets, a dozen figures, and every Genesis 1&2 wilmap outfit. A very lopsided collection, lol. Again Thank you all, I'm really liking this thread.
    (EDIT)
    Finished exporting and cropping duplicate entries. I have;
    228 Daz Items (Including tutorial lessons)
    188 Wilmap outfits (And props).
    Total of 416 items (Excluding software and plug-ins like "G2F Essentials"). Hmmm.
    (edit)
    I forgot some stuff was in multiple parts, adding it up now. on page 14 (Wilmap Gallery), and at the 400 mark for total items I have.
    (edit2)
    Numbers corrected.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited July 2014

Thanks for your comments morgan. And Melanie, thinking about it, I think Gopheus is the gas-master of RRRR.

Pull #5
    Repull as I don't have the item these textures are for and they are vaulted: #919 Antique Furniture Pack Historical Maps (33)
    *repull*#752 3Drama Xpress (17337)
    #3296 Nocturnal for Onyx Female (14973)
    #4811 Tyco Station (8980)
    #3111 MK1AA 40mm (9974)
    #2726 L' Atelier (16658)

Post edited by Totte on