Were there hints of a new render engine for Studio?

I don't remember for sure, but a few months ago -ish I thought I recall reading about hints being dropped about a new render engine for Daz Studio.  With the new nVidia and AMD Big Navi 2 cards coming soon, it would be very interesting if there was a brand agnostic engine coming soon.  

I thougth I read that, but I don't see any mention here in the forums.  It's totally possible I'm just crazy.  Am I?laugh

Comments

• There were mentions of Google's Filament, though not how it was going to be used.

• f7eerf7eer Posts: 117

The change log for version 4.12.1.97 of DAZ Studio talks about an implementation of the Google Filament renderer as a new Draw Style implementation, which is a limited kind of real-time rendering, not a full blown renderer like Nvidia Iray, or 3Delight. It seems like using that as a Draw Style could be better than the current OpenGL-based one, because it could probably show shadows. I haven't played with it, so I don't really know.

• f7eerf7eer Posts: 117
    f7eer said:

The change log for version 4.12.1.97 of DAZ Studio talks about an implementation of the Google Filament renderer as a new Draw Style implementation, which is a limited kind of real-time rendering, not a full blown renderer like Nvidia Iray, or 3Delight. It seems like using that as a Draw Style could be better than the current OpenGL-based one, because it could probably show shadows. I haven't played with it, so I don't really know.

Well, in version 4.12.1.109, it was retracted. So it's not there yet.

4.12.1.109: Moved the Physically-Based Rendering (PBR) DrawStyle plugin, and supporting libraries/resources, back to the internal Win64 footprint; not ready for general public consumption yet

• Nice one.  The old Open GL stuff is getting kind-of dated now.

• Eeve we want now included/inserted/added in D|S

and NO I'm not using Blender pluggos for that, thanks!

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

Eeve we want now included/inserted/added in D|S

and NO I'm not using Blender pluggos for that, thanks!

Unless Daz gets open sourced there's no adding Eevee - Cycles has a more permissive licence that enables it to be used in other programs but EEvee has the same liscence as the rest of blender which very much does not.

So unfortunately no Eevee outside of blender (or something else open sourced)

• OK this is radical

but DAZ want's to sell content

maybe just maybe they can make a watered down program a bit like but not DAZ studio that just natively loads DAZ content and is opensource enlightened

it does not have to include any of the libraries DAZ has paid the licensing for just opensource stuffs, hell it need not have a render engine even just let others code all that stuff

• OK this is radical

maybe just maybe they can make a watered down program a bit like but not DAZ studio that just natively loads DAZ content and is opensource enlightened

it does not have to include any of the libraries DAZ has paid the licensing for just opensource stuffs, hell it need not have a render engine even just let others code all that stuff

I can't imagine who did the Unreal bridge with no obligation of interactive licensing, maybe the company trusts on good will of anyone's

• OK this is radical

I can't imagine who did the Unreal bridge with no obligation of interactive licensing, maybe the company trusts on good will of anyone's

you need interactive licences to create games

lots like me just render in Unreal and I do that without the bridge too