Thinking about buying VUE Frontier to bridge with DS4 but I need info...

visiblemanvisibleman Posts: 178
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Can you make animated Water, Clouds, Trees, and Fire with Vue Frontier?

For example Big Waves of water?

Also, do the Daz models fully function in Vue where as if Import a model into vue with an animation will it work, and will all the textures be there?

Thanks

Comments

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited December 1969

Also, do the Daz models fully function in Vue where as if Import a model into vue with an animation will it work, and will all the textures be there?

Thanks

Hello!
    I have been using Vue Infinite for several years and can help shed some light on this.

The short answer to your question is NO, Frontier won't do all that. You would need several modules or a higher version of Vue.
    The long answer is is more complex. With the right version of Vue you can do a lot of this. You can easily animate clouds and trees. For water, you can easily simulate open ocean waves from calm to storm. What you cannot do with any (current) version of Vue is simulate flow or breaking waves. There are ways to simulate this for still images by using terrains, though. Fire can be done by manipulating image maps or procedural materials quite convincingly, there are good tutorials for this.
    Import of animated DAZ figures requires also an additional module (still import is included in Frontier), but it works nicely for the most part via Collada.
    You can see examples of what I have done while playing with Vue animations in my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/thd7777
    For still images you can check my deviantArt gallery (see below)
    If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
    Ciao
    TD

• visiblemanvisibleman Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

thd777 said:

Thanks

Hello!
    I have been using Vue Infinite for several years and can help shed some light on this.

The short answer to your question is NO, Frontier won't do all that. You would need several modules or a higher version of Vue.
    The long answer is is more complex. With the right version of Vue you can do a lot of this. You can easily animate clouds and trees. For water, you can easily simulate open ocean waves from calm to storm. What you cannot do with any (current) version of Vue is simulate flow or breaking waves. There are ways to simulate this for still images by using terrains, though. Fire can be done by manipulating image maps or procedural materials quite convincingly, there are good tutorials for this.
    Import of animated DAZ figures requires also an additional module (still import is included in Frontier), but it works nicely for the most part via Collada.
    You can see examples of what I have done while playing with Vue animations in my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/thd7777
    For still images you can check my deviantArt gallery (see below)
    If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
    Ciao
    TD

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I checked out some of your vids....nice!;-)

You answered a lot of my questions.
    Here's another...

I am aware of the fact that vue has upgrade modules in order to do certain functions.
    So if I were to purchase Frontier or... just go ahead and get a higher version, is there a module I could purchase that will allow me to import Daz Models WITH ANIMATIONS and all the Textures that applies to the model I created???

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited December 1969

Hello!
    Yes, you can add modules to Vue Frontier. For the import of animated meshes (and many other 3D formats) you need the "3D Import" module: http://www.cornucopia3d.com/products/vue/vue_10_modules/?page=3dimport

You can add wind effects with "Zephyr" and you can add advanced animation effects and controls with "Kronos FX".

If you plan to add several modules, it is less expensive overall to buy a higher up version of Vue. The module path has the advantage that you can buy piece by piece. The e-on website has comparison tables that show you which version has what functions built in.

Ciao
    TD

• I know this is kinda blast from past from but Vue has updated some stuff that might make this easier im having issues now importing files from daz3d that now have to many shader

• meh

Carrara

FLUIDOS plugin free

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    Daz studio can export to Blender where you Have the super fast mantaflow fluid engine
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
  • You do realise this is a thread from 2012?