Aeon Soul now PA on DAZ!

Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Seriously excited that we will now be getting Aeon Soul's work here! I really hope this means some G2 versions of previous V4 products like 110.1 Almost Human!

Welcome AlfaSeed...er I mean Aeon Soul!

Comments

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318
    edited December 1969

I'm psyched too! Yayyy!!!

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

What shapes are supported ?
    I couldn't see it in the details or is it just the G2 Female ?
    great to see her here !

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Also glad to see them back selling here!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,321
    edited December 1969

Also glad to see them back selling here!

Ditto

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited December 1969

This week only! Don't miss out!

Seriously, they're good artists and all, don't get me wrong, but a wee bit dramatic with all the hype. "Alice is here!" "Alice is gone!" "Alice is back until next Tuesday!" "So are we!" "Nope, we're gone again!" "And we're back, with a new name!" "But Alice isn't!"

"But now she is!"

Welcome back AerySoul/AeonSoul/AlfaSeed, and stick around.

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

Aeon Soul back on daz with G2F products !! We might finally get a Genesis 2 Female Alice ?

• blkcrow820blkcrow820 Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

I am super excited too! One of my fav artists! Awesome products. :)

• KhoyanKhoyan Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

One of my fav unique artists back in the day and very happy they're on Daz again - hoping they'll stay this time. Hoping to see lots of sci-fi stuff!

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Almost got a nosebleed reading this.
    Especially with this product. Just used Classic Fantasy for V4 in a scene the other day and thought "man, I wish they had something like this for Gen2".

Welcome back :D

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Been buying some of their G2 items on RDNA. It is indeed good to see them here with their unique style. I will take the quirkiness with the exceptional works.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I love it that they're back over here.

While it isn't 100% (skirt issues, as always) a lot of their V4 stuff does convert nicely to Genesis/Genesis 2, but I was so thrilled when I started seeing G2F stuff by them over at RDNA, and I'm even happier now that they've returned to DAZ. :)

While there have been 1 or 2 outfits that didn't suit my style, as a whole, AS makes Skimpwear that I will actually use. :)

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

They've always made interesting Skimpwear, and I own a fair few of their products. That said, I suspect the reason this particular set is being sold at DAZ3D rather than RDNA is solely because it includes HD morphs and DAZ is being very protective of the HD morph technology right now. So it remains to be seen how much stuff they will sell here vs at RDNA. But we may luck out, as I'm guessing that stuff designed for G2F probably gets more visibility and sales at DAZ3D than any of the other web stores.

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

twalling said:

Seriously, they're good artists and all, don't get me wrong, but a wee bit dramatic with all the hype. "Alice is here!" "Alice is gone!" "Alice is back until next Tuesday!" "So are we!" "Nope, we're gone again!" "And we're back, with a new name!" "But Alice isn't!"

"But now she is!"

I have to agree. They are good artists, with good stuff, but this 'here today gone tomorrow...oops, their back again' is wearing a bit thin. They've had 4 name changes that I can recall off hand (Awful Soul, Aery Soul, AlfaSeed, and now Aeon Soul) with most of those products dropped and not supported. Seriously AS, just pick a name and stick with it please.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Well ... I could add Ariel Shanim and Siliphiel. :)
    About the dropping of products - well, we had a discussion here in the forum very shortly ago were a vendor defended his right to discontinue products he thinks are no longer good enough nowadays.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Well ... I could add Ariel Shanim and Siliphiel. :)
    About the dropping of products - well, we had a discussion here in the forum very shortly ago were a vendor defended his right to discontinue products he thinks are no longer good enough nowadays.

And As Shanim...forgot about that one.

Well...dropping products can be a bit of a tricky issue, yes, I agree. I believe Stonemason did that. While it's a bit of a bummer seeing some old stuff go. I can understand his point; the quality was...um...in the budget-bin category. My point about AeryAlfaAeonSoulSeed is that it's purely an annoying marketing gimmick. It has nothing to do with retiring out of date products.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Wait...where does it say this week only? I only see that Aeon Soul is on sale, but nothing about them selling this item for one week only. That would seem pretty dumb.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 554
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/fantasy-ornaments-for-genesis-2-female-s

For some reason it reminds me a lot of Fantasy Cult over at R by Powerage.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Wait...where does it say this week only? I only see that Aeon Soul is on sale, but nothing about them selling this item for one week only. That would seem pretty dumb.

Only the deals with Fantasy Ornaments, I guess. Nice to see AS on DAZ.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Oh, this is a good sign...

Clipboard01.jpg
    981 x 481 - 60K
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Oh, this is a good sign...

LMFAO!

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/fantasy-ornaments-for-genesis-2-female-s

For some reason it reminds me a lot of Fantasy Cult over at R by Powerage.

I think it is the spiritual descendant of their old Classic Fantasy outfit for V4.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Madbat said:
    twalling said:

"But now she is!"

I have to agree. They are good artists, with good stuff, but this 'here today gone tomorrow...oops, their back again' is wearing a bit thin. They've had 4 name changes that I can recall off hand (Awful Soul, Aery Soul, AlfaSeed, and now Aeon Soul) with most of those products dropped and not supported. Seriously AS, just pick a name and stick with it please.

I think there was a "Young Soul" in there too.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Welcome Aeon Soul! :)

Bought all G2F items so far and looking forward to more. Unique, artfully crafted outfits are always welcome in my book :)

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

They tend to avoid participating in most of the sales over at RDNA.... I wonder if they are going to freak out with the sale mania over here at DAZ.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    They tend to avoid participating in most of the sales over at RDNA.... I wonder if they are going to freak out with the sale mania over here at DAZ.

Most likely they just will be excluded from the sales that would otherwise apply.

edited December 1969

MrPoser said:

The only time I buy their stuff is if it's on sale.

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:

I was making a point about this artist's "now you see it, now you don't" marketing tactics from the past, yanking items, bringing them back for THE LAST TIME EVER, then bringing 'em back again, then totally disappearing and making triumphant comebacks.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,005
    edited December 1969

Keep in mind that if an artist decides to move their whole catalog from one store to another (like A.S. did when they moved from Renderosity to RDNA) they have to repackage all the products, go through QA at the new place, and do all new promos, since each store has different requirements. And older products have a hard time passing newer QA requirements, since the technology and features keep developing. So sometimes it's not cost-effective to do all the updates an old product would need to make it ready for the new store.

In the current situation it looks like they will continue to have a store at RDNA as well as having exclusive DAZ products, so they shouldn't need to retire things...hopefully! :)

edited December 1969

Canary3d said:
    Keep in mind that if an artist decides to move their whole catalog from one store to another (like A.S. did when they moved from Renderosity to RDNA) they have to repackage all the products, go through QA at the new place, and do all new promos, since each store has different requirements. And older products have a hard time passing newer QA requirements, since the technology and features keep developing. So sometimes it's not cost-effective to do all the updates an old product would need to make it ready for the new store.

In the current situation it looks like they will continue to have a store at RDNA as well as having exclusive DAZ products, so they shouldn't need to retire things...hopefully! :)

Yes, a number of vendors did that, Badkittehco is one example. She's upgrading 3 products that I know of for the RDNA store (in QA right now), but AS hasn't. They closed their stores here and at rendo, and did not move the products (they had a lot). That's entirely their perogative. I'm expecting a similar short shelf life for the current store here, before they close things down and remove their products. That's been their business model since they were making stuff for V3; they run under a name for a year or so, then pull everything and start up again under a new name with different products. RDNA has gone a bit differently so far, they did the name change but left all their product up. However you won't see any of their stuff for V3, or V4 that they had up here and at Rendo, that stuff is gone. (Which is too bad because it was very good stuff, and V3 apparel converts to Genesis very well)

edited December 1969

They also had a very nice website of their own, with tons of support and freebies which they yanked when they disappeared as "Aery Soul" a few years back. Their prerogative too, but a very dramatic thing to do, making a grand exit followed by yet another triumphant return.

Again, great artists but drama junkies.