Materials for Hexagon?

CosmicVoyagerCosmicVoyager Posts: 0
edited July 2014 in Hexagon Discussion

Greetings,

Hexagon does no seem to come with any materials.

1 - Do materials for any other program work with Hexagon?

2 - Are Hexagon materials available anywhere?

Thanks

Post edited by CosmicVoyager on

Comments

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

Materials how? For the lighting or the textures?

• CosmicVoyagerCosmicVoyager Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There is a window called "Materials". There are parameters to set to create a material, but there are no materials to choose from. Materials like glasses, metals, etc.

edited December 1969

Check out Page 218 in the manual. There you have everything on Materials in Hexagon

• CosmicVoyagerCosmicVoyager Posts: 0
    edited July 2014

Ghostman said:
    Check out Page 218 in the manual. There you have everything on Materials in Hexagon

I did. As I said, Hexagon does no seem to come with any materials. Other programs have materials already made. Can I somehow use materials from other programs? Can materials for Hexagon be downloaded somewhere?

Post edited by CosmicVoyager on
    edited December 1969

You can use textures as materials after you have uv mapped it. So just about any texture would work with it. Just remember that Hexagon is a 3d modeling program and not a render program like Poser or DS. So materials like glass and such is not possible. Models made in Hexagon is rendered in other programs.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited July 2014

Once the model has a UV map, select the UV Paint tool and to the right you will see a box that says "texture". Here you will find a few textures of various types.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

I know the issue here.....Hexagon is a MODELER, not a RENDERER. Therefore, it's not really designed for 'materials', as it only really renders ambient occlusion for purposes of previewing your model. You can model and UV map in hexagon, but that's about it.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

The materials window in Hex isn't for what you think it's for. It's for assigning polys to material groups, not for a list of preset shaders.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited July 2014

The textures included in Hexagon are for adding textures to finished models. More can be added by importing jpg images.

See page 248 of the Hexagon Manual.

image1.png
    519 x 631 - 156K
    Post edited by Wilmap on