Mirror in Iray

I am looking for a mirror that works with Iray. I have the Deco Mirror (https://www.daz3d.com/deco-mirror) and tried to convert it with the RSSY 3Delight to Iray script, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,204
    edited September 2020

The converter doesn't have a good mirror finish shader setting, defaulting to a General Iray Shader. You can try applying one of the shiny DAZ Uber shaders (included with Studio) on the mirror surface, or any other shader presets you might have.

You could also fiddle with the settings, based on the inital values from the converted surface. Change the base mixing mode from Metalicity/Roughness to Specular/Glossiness and make the base colour almost pure black (this prevents the surface color itself from contributing), and Glossy Layered Weight 1.0, Glossiness 100%. This will give a reflection, but a little dim, so lighten the Glossy Specular to something brighter.

There is a Mirror preset in Homestyle 2 Iray Shaders, if you have it.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • skinklizzardskinklizzard Posts: 218
    edited September 2020

might not be the style you're looking for but there is this in the freebies forum

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/430616/baroque-mirror-free-standing-furniture

Post edited by skinklizzard on
  • Vampires are always depicted as very well groomed despite not having reflections in mirrors.

• NorthOf45 said:

The converter doesn't have a good mirror finish shader setting, defaulting to a General Iray Shader. You can try applying one of the shiny DAZ Uber shaders (included with Studio) on the mirror surface, or any other shader presets you might have.

You could also fiddle with the settings, based on the inital values from the converted surface. Change the base mixing mode from Metalicity/Roughness to Specular/Glossiness and make the base colour almost pure black (this prevents the surface color itself from contributing), and Glossy Layered Weight 1.0, Glossiness 100%. This will give a reflection, but a little dim, so lighten the Glossy Specular to something brighter.

There is a Mirror preset in Homestyle 2 Iray Shaders, if you have it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see what I can do.

I don't have that Shader list and may look into it.

• Vampires are always depicted as very well groomed despite not having reflections in mirrors.

Good point.