Is hexagon what I need?

kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I'm looking to take Daz props and just do a slight edit on them (ex: break a sword in half, dent a garbage can, etc)
And I see that Hexagon 2.5 is $19.95 on sale for $13.97.
http://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-2-5-download-version/

Will this be what I need or is it just an add-on for something bigger? Maybe Carrara would be easier to work with (but at $150 :( )

Help, thank you.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited July 2014

I'm looking to take Daz props and just do a slight edit on them (ex: break a sword in half, dent a garbage can, etc)
    And I see that Hexagon 2.5 is $19.95 on sale for $13.97.
    http://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-2-5-download-version/

Will this be what I need or is it just an add-on for something bigger? Maybe Carrara would be easier to work with (but at $150 :( )

Help, thank you.

IMHO Hexagon is a great tool to have "anyway" as it has the bridge [esp. for morphing]. Denting garbage cans could be "morphed".
    Breaking swords, well ... in any modeler if one does too much 'to' the mesh, the entire uvmap goes "poof". Work on "copies" of the files, not the originals ;-)

It is not an add-on. It is an older program, 32 bit.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

Is it pretty easy to use for doing small edits (on copies of course) on already made objects?

I used blender to remove the blade off the electro sword not that long ago but it took forever to do and blender is rather confusing to work with. I'm really not experienced at all.

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited July 2014

You will be fine with hexagon if this is what you want to do. Cutting off swords and make some dents on objects are a no brainer in hex.
    The uv will stay intact as long as all you do on the object is to delete polygons and then just export the obj.
    Hexagon is easier to work with than Carrarra.

Post edited by Ghostman on
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Heck - at that price, I'm going to get a spare copy :)

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

Thank you both for your help :)
    After I purchase and start messing with Hex, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions :D