Weird G8F bug with "Eyes Squint-Widen" pose

sofaxsofax Posts: 37
edited August 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

I suddenly discovered a strange bug with G8F. See attached screen shot: When I dial in the "Eyes Squint-Widen" pose to 100%, that's what the figure looks like. Apparently there are morphs provided by the product "Auto Face Enhancer" that get triggered by that pose and cause this issue, but I bought and installed AFE over a year ago, and this has never happened before. 

When I manually set the AFE dials back to 0, the G8F pose appears to be correct again (see second screen shot), but after uninstalling AFE and restarting DAZ Studio, the AFE morphs are still there (and get triggered, as before).

My question: There are LOTS of AFE morph properties in the property hierarchy pane. Can I safely delete those after uninstalling AFE, or will that get me into even more trouble?

Thanks for any hints!

g8f+afe-bug.jpg
1295 x 997 - 376K
g8f+afe-bug-fix.jpg
1913 x 1119 - 767K
Post edited by sofax on

Comments

• I think you can delete them. If it doesn't work, restore the product. But there are a lot of morphs that can be triggered in a a figure, and every new product loaded creates more potential conflcts. 

I have a problem with a set of teeth thats gets triggered for a monster. I simply deleted the teeth morph, now I can still use the monster although he doesn't have those teeth. A ticket to DAZ store remains unresolved, so sometimes you have to try it and see what happens.

• sofaxsofax Posts: 37

Sorry, I forgot to respond. I did delete the AFE morphs, but that did not yet solve the issue. I discovered what the problem was though: The G8F was installed in two different locations at the same time (both in "My Library" and in "My DAZ Connect Library"). The culprit was the "DAZ Install Manager" which does not distinguish between those locations and blindly installs everything to the folder selected as "current", no matter if the product is already in the library/database or not. So the solution was to set the current folder to "My Library", have the Install Manager uninstall all base Genesis packages, then set the install folder to "My DAZ Connect Library" and reinstall all the Genesis packages. Then I switched the installation folder back to "My Library" again, since that's the place where I want my packages to be installed by default.

The problem now is, since I keep all my downloaded install packages in the download folder, that the Install Manager keeps telling me the Genesis packages are available for install. Not exactly the smartest application around ... but at least the workaround did work.