Why do my Victoria 4.2 Morph++ dials not show up in Poser Pro 2014?

tim ti tum tim tumtim ti tum tim tum Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

After successfully installing Victoria 6, I installed
- ps_pe069_Victoria4
- ps_pe069_Victoria4PwrLoader
- ps_pe070_V4Morphs
- ps_pe070_V4MorphsPwrLoader

into Poser Pro 2014 directory.

If I select "Poser" as the target app in the installer, it complains that there is no poser executable. So I just select "Daz3D" and point to the Poser Pro 2014 directory and finish the installer and activate. I assume the installer still copies all necessary files. Am I assuming this correctly?

I think I have a misunderstanding. Victoria 4 is older and perhaps there is something I'm not clear on.

When I place Victoria 4.2 into the scene and select the body, I can see the morph dial categories. But none of them show any dials, I only see the tree structure...

My theory is that I'm missing something, or the installer does install extra files if I choose "Poser" during installation.

If anyone could explain what I'm supposed to do please, I'd be grateful. Been messing for couple hours... thank you.

Comments

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited June 2014

never mind.... I misread your post.... V6 or V4???

Post edited by mrposer on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did you inject the morphs?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888
    edited December 1969

First, you appear to have an older copy of the product as DAZ doesn't use installers any more - get a fresh copy from your Product Library page, or better get the DAZ Install Manager. Secondly, you shouldn't install to the Poser Pro 2014 directory if by that you mean the application folder, at least not if you are using Windows Vista or later - instead you should install with the Install Manager either to its default location (My DAZ 3D Library in your public/shared documents folder) or you should add the Poser pro content library to your Install Manager locations and install to that. Using Install Manager the necessary initialisation steps will then be performed for you.

• cntl-shiftcntl-shift Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am having similar issues. V4.2 morphs suddenly not appearing on the body. All of the morphs on the head listed in the same folder. I couldn't find the eyes-up-down, or eyes-side-side morph which got me looking around. I tried to load those two on their own - but they just don't load no more. Tried to uninstall the morphs and reinstall, but no luck. something changed here, but I have no idea what it is. Mac 10.9.4 Poser Pro 2014.

• edited December 1969

The exact same thing happened to me. Only it started by not being able to save a character that I had been working on. Added the dial inputs, added props, and then went to save the "whole group" as a character set. Nothing happened.
    So, I got brave and deleted Poser Pro 2014, knowing it worked on Poser Pro 2012, and I still could digital download 2012 (overseas and a few thousand miles from my 2014 hard-copy media). Installed fine, but when I used DIM to download the vast library, and restarting Poser (just to be safe), the INJ All was there, but when I selected it, it seemed to pic just one random dial to add, instead of all of them. This goes for INJ Base All, INJ Morphs++ All, INJ Elite All, INJ Muscle All... Click on the INJ, get the beach ball, walking man, and back to normal cursor. Except, nothing was added to the parameters.
    So, I wondered if it has something to do with OS X 10.10 Yosemite. The "Upgrade" killed Vue 2014 for about a month. They just now finally got around to a fix.

Yes, I loaded V4.2 first. Made sure it was the Victoria 4.2 character - Body selected before attempting to add the "All" INJs.
    I've been using Poser, Vue, and Bryce (a long time ago) for a few years, and while not an expert by any means, I'm comfortable using the tools.

So, what is it? DIM problem? Morphs problem? Poser problem?

• edited December 1969

Is there any updates to this issue?

Myself I've been fighting all day trying to get V4.2 & Elite Body Shapes and Morphs++ to install in a new installation of Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev.

The head morphs in Elite Body Shapes seem to work but the rest don't.

I've tried old installers, manually copying files, brand new installers, and the Daz install manager all to no avail.

• edited December 1969

Thanks, I finally got it sorted. I'm on a Mac and had to use terminal to change file permissions. And then I had to remember to delete the figure and re-add it. It took a long time but I got there in the end. Wouldn't have sorted it without this forum :)

• Strange VoyagerStrange Voyager Posts: 390
    edited December 1969

aderutter, could you post your process? I am running into this same issue with the latest version of Poser Pro 2012 on OS 10.7, with V4 installed via DIM today. I changed permissions on all three CreateEXPFiles, ran them, removed and readded the affected V4 Runtime, and morphs still do not show on the Body actor, but do for Hip, etc. Thanks in advance for any help with this.