The I can't remember what I was Complaining About Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

1gecko said:
    A friend of mine was goofing around wrote this just because:

The machine gun chattered and bullets whizzed by as young Cpl. Stewart and his trusty mount Mr. Bouncey zig zagged at top speed to throw off the Hun's aim. Soon he heard the scream of Royal Steampunk Artillery firing on the coordinates he had called in. Gritting his teeth, he spurred his trusty velociraptor out of the blast zone just as the ground shook, throwing them both violently to earth. Dirty but unharmed, they stood with determined fierce grins. These Highlanders would live for another recon mission in this Great War.

the mental image it inspired was one I just *had* to make!

complaint - creators of tack (for mounts) really tick me off sometimes! Would it *really* be that difficult to put in 2 or 3 sets of reins for different type riding/scenes instead of just one that was also part of the bridle (and shared material zones so you can't even make the included ones invisible and cobble something together yourself)?!?!?! While no great equestrian by ANY stretch of the imagination, I have both been around enough horses and ridden enough to know that; while yes the ones all the different tack packs include look just fine for walking the horse, they are totally wrong for trotting, galloping, rearing, racing and pretty much any other type activity (and the ones we are MOST likely to be making an image of). Heck, there is not even options for just letting them hang or leading the horse!!!

Utahraptor rider! :D
    Awesomeness ^^

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    aah the aroma of sundae morning cawffee

...a coffee sundae?

...mmm Espresso Madness™ ice cream with chocolate icing with a dollop of whip creme and a Hershey's Kiss™ on top sounds great.

perfection of sundae :-P

putting on a fresh pot o'joe :)

edited December 1969

not trying to pick on Sedor but I don't think I've seen a model pose like this before. Victoria 6 is leaning backwards while standing up. Lighting looks weird because the spotlights are to the right of the camera.

Pose is from http://www.daz3d.com/bwc-fashion-poses-for-v6-v5-and-v4

edit: forgot something as usual.

on the runway, thinks i've seen them lean back just before they pivot for the return strut

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    1gecko said:

The machine gun chattered and bullets whizzed by as young Cpl. Stewart and his trusty mount Mr. Bouncey zig zagged at top speed to throw off the Hun's aim. Soon he heard the scream of Royal Steampunk Artillery firing on the coordinates he had called in. Gritting his teeth, he spurred his trusty velociraptor out of the blast zone just as the ground shook, throwing them both violently to earth. Dirty but unharmed, they stood with determined fierce grins. These Highlanders would live for another recon mission in this Great War.

complaint - creators of tack (for mounts) really tick me off sometimes! Would it *really* be that difficult to put in 2 or 3 sets of reins for different type riding/scenes instead of just one that was also part of the bridle (and shared material zones so you can't even make the included ones invisible and cobble something together yourself)?!?!?! While no great equestrian by ANY stretch of the imagination, I have both been around enough horses and ridden enough to know that; while yes the ones all the different tack packs include look just fine for walking the horse, they are totally wrong for trotting, galloping, rearing, racing and pretty much any other type activity (and the ones we are MOST likely to be making an image of). Heck, there is not even options for just letting them hang or leading the horse!!!

...wonderful interpretation.

+1

Mr Bouncy :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Dawn breaking on a cobalt sky streaked storm cloud grey, a solitary faltering star - Venus? - in the North East fading fast :)

dreamy :coolsmile:

:wub: the cobalt blues, and ceruleans

edited December 1969

old horsies render. hmm, never checked if horse 2 has an autofit for milhorse finery and horsy blankets

Elemental_Horsees.png
    475 x 414 - 290K
    edited June 2014

Melbourne zoo. :)

tee hee, and a posh squirrel from posh side of london

the nuts are always nuttier other side of the fence :cheese:

SquirrelStJames.jpg
    730 x 547 - 103K
    melb.png
    313 x 289 - 156K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited June 2014

Dug up a sketch an artist I really admire did some few years ago. Velociraptor and Utahraptor :)
    (The Utahraptor - the one the velociraptor is climbing all over - is a friend of mine. His name is Echrei :> 'Eck - Ree' ^_^)

And yup, Veloci's were little things. As the artist put it: "As you can see, velos are ittle bitty and utahraptors are great big lummoxes" :lol:

*Edit* There's an asbolutely fantastic painting of a Velociraptor I'd like to share, but it has a bit of blood in it (Bit down on a mouse and is carrying it in its mouth), and another that has three velos licking their feathers clean after a group meal. Quite a bit more blud in the second one, but still fairly okay to look at. AFAIK posts can't be flagged anymore, so I don't know if it'd be acceptable to post or link to. They're both kind of tame (The second one maybe a bit 'iffy') but I'm still a bit on the cautious/paranoid side about all this :lol:

1325627419.ixerin_echbart_.jpg
    1277 x 948 - 164K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,026
    edited December 1969

I am losing my battle with allergies. Drowning sensation... :sick:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602
    edited December 1969

not trying to pick on Sedor but I don't think I've seen a model pose like this before. Victoria 6 is leaning backwards while standing up. Lighting looks weird because the spotlights are to the right of the camera.

on the runway, thinks i've seen them lean back just before they pivot for the return strut
    ...for a 707-320B intercontinental it's throttle's at 100% power, flaps and leading edge slats at 17°, nose wheel locked, V1 at 108 knots, VR at 108 knots. V2 (unstick) at 124 knots (based on a 100 metric tonne gross wt at 75° ambient temp, at sea level).

...oh on a fashion runway... my apologies.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Dug up a sketch an artist I really admire did some few years ago. Velociraptor and Utahraptor :)
    (The Utahraptor - the one the velociraptor is climbing all over - is a friend of mine. His name is Echrei :> 'Eck - Ree' ^_^)

And yup, Veloci's were little things. As the artist put it: "As you can see, velos are ittle bitty and utahraptors are great big lummoxes" :lol:

*Edit* There's an asbolutely fantastic painting of a Velociraptor I'd like to share, but it has a bit of blood in it (Bit down on a mouse and is carrying it in its mouth), and another that has three velos licking their feathers clean after a group meal. Quite a bit more blud in the second one, but still fairly okay to look at. AFAIK posts can't be flagged anymore, so I don't know if it'd be acceptable to post or link to. They're both kind of tame (The second one maybe a bit 'iffy') but I'm still a bit on the cautious/paranoid side about all this :lol:

When in Doubt send the images to any Admin and ask if they are allowed by the TOS. The team will then review the images and give you the okay or the reason they would not be allowed. This can be done with a PM and adding the images to the PM.
  • bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

So, did anyone miss me while I was gone?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,901
    edited December 1969

I doubt it, they are all too self involved

edited December 1969

1gecko said:

Transmapping is your friend in that case.

When did you get back? It's good to see you around once more,

edited December 1969

Actually, aside from the Aussies I suspect most of them are intently examining the insides of their eyelids for potential light leaks at this time. KK might be up, I suppose.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,096
    edited December 1969

bwaomega said:

Whoa! Welcome back!

Dana

edited December 1969

bwaomega said:

Actually, aside from the Aussies I suspect most of them are intently examining the insides of their eyelids for potential light leaks at this time. KK might be up, I suppose.

Actually...I was watching the news. I record it on the DVR and watch it later, speeding through the commercials.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    bwaomega said:

Whoa! Welcome back!

Dana

Thanks. It's been a while, and I see I have a bit of catching up for Fyre...

edited December 1969

bwaomega said:

...wow, welcome back.
    edited June 2014

bwaomega said:

...actually laid down after dinner and ended up dozing off for a while.

Been dealing with a lot of aches & pains the last week due to damp cool cloudy and rainy weather. All the dark days tend to make me feel more tired than usual.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

bwaomega said:

bwaomega said:

Been waiting by the window for you both :lol:

edited June 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    bwaomega said:

...actually laid down after dinner and ended up dozing off for a while.

Been dealing with a lot of aches & pains the last week due to damp cool cloudy and rainy weather. All the dark days tend to make me feel more tired than usual.

There was a tiny bit of blue sky just after dawn, dark and two pairs of socks cold the rest of today :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Melbourne zoo. :)

tee hee, and a posh squirrel from posh side of london

the nuts are always nuttier other side of the fence :cheese:

The zoo here keeps butterflies in a big tropical garden

fbbf.jpg
    598 x 369 - 39K
    edited December 1969

Actually been wondering where you and your videos went.

Dana

edited June 2014

Tired and hungry and missing daylight today, that is my complaint nao :)

edited June 2014

complaint moar: there must be more to it than leaving home in the dark spending all day caught up in other ppls anxieties and getting home in the dark :lol:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,026
    edited December 1969

Bronchitis is back, so back to the MD today. Yay...

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Bronchitis is back, so back to the MD today. Yay...

Am grateful to be reasonably healthy, hopes that goes away soon for you :)

gw.png
    291 x 289 - 147K
  • FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    DanaTA said:
    bwaomega said:

Whoa! Welcome back!

Dana

Thanks. It's been a while, and I see I have a bit of catching up for Fyre...

Heya, Welcome Back ^_^

Once I have the whole story finished, I will post it up in the Art Studio section. I think it will be done (barring any major problems) by the end of the week.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...for a 707-320B intercontinental it's throttle's at 100% power, flaps and leading edge slats at 17°, nose wheel locked, V1 at 108 knots, VR at 108 knots. V2 (unstick) at 124 knots (based on a 100 metric tonne gross wt at 75° ambient temp, at sea level).

...oh on a fashion runway... my apologies.

:lol:

did you see that john cusack movie? they standing behind the plane when it takes off so the wind could make them reborn.

This discussion has been closed.