Harley Quinn Hair

mwilson123077mwilson123077 Posts: 12
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I am a big Harley Quinn fan, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any models that would fit my needs, and/or even know if it would be possible to be made.

Basically I need pig tails that are posable (which I've found numerous ones that I love) but the problem is that I cannot adjust each tail's color independently. For example, I need the left one to be able to have red in it where as the right one needs black.

And I'd prefer it for V 4 rather than Genesis since I have skin textures that fit Harley already.

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

I am a big Harley Quinn fan, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any models that would fit my needs, and/or even know if it would be possible to be made.

Basically I need pig tails that are posable (which I've found numerous ones that I love) but the problem is that I cannot adjust each tail's color independently. For example, I need the left one to be able to have red in it where as the right one needs black.

And I'd prefer it for V 4 rather than Genesis since I have skin textures that fit Harley already.

The trick to making the two tails different colors requires one of two options. The first is modifying the texture map in a photo manipulation program, like Photoshop and GIMP, and applying the colors you you want to the tails' texture. The other option requires modifying the material zones in DAZ Studio itself, creating new MAT zones for each pig tail. The second option works for making changes to overall surfaces. The first option is for more detailed differences. For what you want, I'd suggest at least the first option. That will provide you the specific details you want. Using the second option in combination with that would allow you to mix and match different textures for each tail.
  • mwilson123077mwilson123077 Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

At least in poser, each pigtail in every hair I've tried actually shares the exact same map with the opposite one (so you can't load individual maps for each tail).

I'll try it out in DAZ to see if I can't create a new MAT zone this weekend, thanks.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

At least in poser, each pigtail in every hair I've tried actually shares the exact same map with the opposite one (so you can't load individual maps for each tail).

I'll try it out in DAZ to see if I can't create a new MAT zone this weekend, thanks.

As I said, that's why you make new material zones and/or customize your hair texture. You can easily modify a hair texture to have different colored streaks in each pigtail as long as you know which part of the map corresponds to which part of the hair; and adding new mat zones is pretty easy using the surface selection tool and polygon editor.
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited July 2014

recently i posted a script named mcjSphericalUV

there's a version for Daz Studio 1, 2, 3, 4, 4,5+

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/42361/

just now i zero-posed Aiko, i installed the XinXin hair prop ( not animatable )

http://www.daz3d.com/xinxin-for-aiko-3

i created a camera and placed it inside aiko's head

i made this camera the current view camera

i selected the xinxin hair node

i ran the script and specified i wanted the UV map to be projected from the point of view of the camera

1 minute later i had a copy of the hair prop with the new UV mapping

i then applied the very simple red/black image-map shown below to the hair diffuse color channel

done

-------

note: i did this in Daz Studio 3, it should work with DS4.5+ but i didnt do many tests in DS4.5

note: this script saves a copy of the posed / scaled / positioned objects,

it's far from guaranteed you can use the obj file as the geometry of a figure and expect it to still be an animatable/posable figure

hq.jpg
    800 x 864 - 5K
    amyquinn.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 507K
    aikoquinn.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by mCasual on