Carrara Challenge X - “Past hopes and present nostalgia”. Voting thread is closed

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811
    edited December 1969

Entry # 2.

Artist: evilproducer.

Title: The City of Zed: Completing Her Father’s Quest.

Entry # 3

Artist: Dimede64

Title: Saving the Forests: Tribute to Silent Running

Entry nr: 6
    Author (No Artist): DUDU
    Title: Woodstock

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

Thanks for voting Wendy !

Evil, did you and I just get censored. On the other thread?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited July 2014

head wax said:

You mean in the Carrara issues thread? Or was it where I compared the twitching club to something else?
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

head wax said:

You mean in the Carrara issues thread? Or was it where I compared the twitching club to something else?

He, you will also not start here, you two!!!

edited December 1969

head wax said:

He, you will also not start here, you two!!!
    It certainly wouldn't have been an argument. Maybe suggestive innuendo...

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

These were tough choices. Seems I'm not the first to point that out - blinded by the obvious!

1) evilproducer - The City Of Zed
    2) kashyyyk - 59 Caddy
    3) headwax - The Adventures of Monkey Boy

HM: Varsel - Space Living

Great work everyone. One day I'll manage to enter contest...

edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    These were tough choices. Seems I'm not the first to point that out - blinded by the obvious!

1) evilproducer - The City Of Zed
    2) kashyyyk - 59 Caddy
    3) headwax - The Adventures of Monkey Boy

HM: Varsel - Space Living

Great work everyone. One day I'll manage to enter contest...

Yes, no excuses!

Evil, thanks, just wondered.

Dudu, not starting anything, just checking I wasn't hallucinating.

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Yes, no excuses!

Actually my excuse is rock solid...my boss. If you can get him off my back about studying for certification or helping colleagues figure out basic SQL Server problems...then I'll have the time to focus on building something. ;-)

edited December 1969

ask for more money :)

edited December 1969

head wax said:

Yeah...that will go over well... :)

Or I could get my Aussie passport and see about doing DBA work Down Under. Except that is an incredibly expensive move to make right now. Definitely not one that I am ruling out completely though.

edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    head wax said:

Yeah...that will go over well... :)

Or I could get my Aussie passport and see about doing DBA work Down Under. Except that is an incredibly expensive move to make right now. Definitely not one that I am ruling out completely though.

There's a huge medical software company in Verona, WI, called Epic that's supposed to be pretty progressive.
    https://careers.epic.com/
    It's cheaper than Oz. ;-)

edited December 1969

Kevin,
    I have the impression that you should already think about a topic for the next challenge, I believe that the voters are unanimous, you are the best ! :-)

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

Voting is now closed.
    I'll give the results very soon.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,800
    edited December 1969

SOON... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

;-P

edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    SOON... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

;-P

Yeah, Daz soon (TM)

edited December 1969

And the winners are .... [drum rolls].......[/drum rolls]

#1: Evilproducer with 10 votes
    #2: Stezza with 7 votes
    #3: kashyyyk with 6 votes

For #3, there is a tie between kashyyyk and DUDU who have both 6 votes. As kashyyyk has 5 nominations for HM for 3 for DUDU, kashyyyk had third place.

I will now ask HowieFarkes to designate the two honorable mentions.

Congratulations to everybody for the high standards of that challenge. It was a real pleasure to host it.

Special congratulations to Evilproducer. It was an outstanding entry and the votes prove it. Because of that, you're now charged guilty and will have to serve as the next host ;-)

edited December 1969

Philemo said:
    And the winners are .... [drum rolls].......[/drum rolls]

#1: Evilproducer with 10 votes
    #2: Stezza with 7 votes
    #3: kashyyyk with 6 votes

Bravo to the winners and the yet-to-be-named Honourable Mentions! Great work!

edited December 1969

Philemo said:
    Because of that, you're now charged guilty and will have to serve as the next host ;-)

Ummm....Sonofabitch! ;-)

I wonder if the $100.00 DAZ 3D owned items include software or the Platinum Club?

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Congratulations EP, Stezza and Kashyyyk. Great work all round!.....*should have voted....should have voted!*
    I look forward to Evil Producer's reign...;o)

• d-j-od-j-o Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Great job EP, well deserved, and thanks to Philemo for doing a great job and Daz and HowieFarkes!

edited December 1969

Congratulations EP, Stezza and Kashyyyk. Great work all round!.....*should have voted....should have voted!*

As they say in good old Chicago politics, "vote early, vote often!" ;-)

Thanks everybody! If you have some suggestions for the next challenge, I'm all ears! Which sounds cool, but actually looks quite disturbing. I've been asked to leave southern fried chicken franchises because I offended customers with my looks.... :down:

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited December 1969

As they say in good old Chicago politics, "vote early, vote often!" ;-)

Thanks everybody! If you have some suggestions for the next challenge, I'm all ears! Which sounds cool, but actually looks quite disturbing. I've been asked to leave southern fried chicken franchises because I offended customers with my looks.... :down:

That was a fantastic render, EP. Well deserved win. Also, great job Kashyyyk, Stezza, and Dudu.

Inviting suggestions for next challenge, eh? How about something with fur, or other application of the hair room? Or maybe a requirement to use the realistic sky editor? Still waiting for someone to require the metaball modeler or the formula modeler (suspect will be waiting a long time on those). Or, you could require content of some kind, similar to the early cchallenge in which we had to use stuff from the object browser. Since one good thing about carrara is its ability to use other content, you could pick a few freebies on shareCG, or the free DAZ animals (dogs/cats), or whatever, and require people to customize them in some way -as long as everyone had access to the freebies.

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Congratulation Evilproducer , Stezza and kashyyyk
    Well deserved.

And thanks to Daz and Howie Farkes. And to Philemo for organising this event.

Suggestions for the next one..
    Perhaps something that can draw in a bigger crowd. I suspect there is a lot of newer Carrara users out there, that we should try to tempt to join in.
    So what about some NVIATWAS. They are always popular. Or something that requires the use of one of the Daz figures.
    And then there are always the Carrara hair to add to various places on the body, or even create a sasquatch.

edited December 1969

Great suggestions so far. A fantasy theme sounds fun.

edited July 2014

He He, I knew since the departure that it would be EP winning it! This month, only some good entries… Phil, you allot too many points to me, I have only four votes for my entry n°6…
    I hope to have time for the next challenge because a ton of work has just fallen on my head.
    Still Congratulation with all!

Post edited by DUDU on
    edited December 1969

Votes were combined from both entries.

edited December 1969

I do not want to discuss the rules, but it would be more normal to separate the points by entries to not disadvantage those which have only one of them…

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

Bravo to you all!
    Sweet. You get to go and pick out some awesome new goodies!

edited December 1969

I do not want to discuss the rules, but it would be more normal to separate the points by entries to not disadvantage those which have only one of them…

Since I'm hosting the challenge, I get to make the rules, so I'll take it under advisement.

Speaking of rules, do you think I'd lose many entrants if I made people stand on their left foot and hold their right hand on top of their head, while pressing the submit button? :lol:

• d-j-od-j-o Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Since I'm hosting the challenge, I get to make the rules, so I'll take it under advisement.

Speaking of rules, do you think I'd lose many entrants if I made people stand on their left foot and hold their right hand on top of their head, while pressing the submit button? :lol:

Only if you add chewing bubble gum.