Good news

RaytownmikeRaytownmike Posts: 58
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I have read that Silo 2.2 has been updated to 2.3. Being an optimist, perhaps Hexagon will get an update soon to show it has breathe.
Go to Nevercenter to read more. Come on on Daz give us hope.

Comments

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited June 2014

I went over to Nevercenter, but did not see any info about what changed. I just downloaded the demo and it indicates v2.3 so I'll give it a try.

But if its not 64-bit, it hardy seems worth it.

EDIT There is only one installer on the demo version for the PC. It installs in the x86 (32-bit) applications directory, so its not a 64-bit app.

Post edited by cdordoni on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

From MikeFarny:
    Just FYI: this release is not going to be a big ground-breaker in terms of new features, so don't expect too much. Among the changes are a handful of bugs squashed, 64-bit support (although I think for now we're still just shipping a 32-bit win version), STL import, and of course a linux version. Most of the updates were internal, and not user-visible. But we're trying to set the stage for more interesting updates down the line.
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=7831190&postcount=43

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    From MikeFarny:
    Just FYI: this release is not going to be a big ground-breaker in terms of new features, so don't expect too much. Among the changes are a handful of bugs squashed, 64-bit support (although I think for now we're still just shipping a 32-bit win version), STL import, and of course a linux version. Most of the updates were internal, and not user-visible. But we're trying to set the stage for more interesting updates down the line.
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=7831190&postcount=43

That's good to hear. So Silo is still an option if they are moving to 64-bit OS.