[Released] Raven Mocker HD for Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

According to Cherokee tales, the Raven Mocker, or Kâ'lanû Ahkyeli'skï, is one of the most feared of the Cherokee witches.

Appearing as a withered old man or women, the Raven Mocker HD drains a victim over time before finally consuming the heart, leaving no mark. The raven mocker then adds to its own life, a year for every year the victim would have lived.

Raven mockers may adopt a monstrous form, flying up with arms outstretched, trailing fire and sparks, and Raven Mocker HD is up to the challenge! While feeding, they are typically invisible. Some medicine men have the ability to see them, standing watch over the ill and capable of killing the raven mocker over seven days.

The Raven Mocker HD for Genesis 8 Male is perfect for a variety of genres (among them fantasy, Sci-Fi, horror and fiction) that need a character of his unique build!

Notes: The feathers for the monstrous form are dForce Hair, the eyebrows are fibermesh.

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703
    Nice. In the promos there's a wings of fire pic, is that effect available in the package?
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,892
    edited August 2020

Absolutely. The fire wings are actually dForce Hair that can be applied to any Genesis 8 Male figure.

(They are Raven Mocker Wings listed in Whats Included)

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703
    Oso3D said:

Absolutely. The fire wings are actually dForce Hair that can be applied to any Genesis 8 Male figure.

(They are Raven Mocker Wings listed in Whats Included)

Thanks.
  • You are doing some amazing work, Oso. Seriously, Raven Mocker looks absolutely amazing and I love the fire wings and the feathers, plus the beak-like face.

• Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited August 2020
    I love the look of this character! It has a John Romita JR feel to him and could see his version of the Vulture play through very easy.
    ASM241G.png
    1202 x 818 - 2M
    Post edited by Patrick Tyner on
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited August 2020

With a little desaturation and darkening, you get a Kenku from D&D / Pathfinder.

Kenku 2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 280K
    Post edited by MarcCCTx on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

wow. 

i'm so glad i caught this thread--i'd missed it, breezing through the storefront.

an old friend of mine introduced me to the raven mocker in a novel of his.  his scared me then, and yours scares me now.  great work, will.

i can see some tengu possibilities with the figure, too.  and those fire wings are flat-out amazing...

wishlisted, alas.  but i'll catch up.

:)

j

Heh, sure thing!

It was a fun challenge trying to make a decent old man AND a not-quite-human monster. And I'm thrilled the 'hair as feathers' works.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited September 2020

Oso3D
    Very nice work!  And Unique as well.
    Any plans for a Female version? (pretty please with sugar on top) - Not many (if any) thin females... and it would make a great base for a Harpy as well.

Cheers!

Post edited by Chumly on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

I'm very impressed with the feathers. Great work!

Blast from the past! Thank you!

It was developing this product that got me thinking of applications for dForce Hair to resemble feathers more generally. It was a spur of the moment test, stemming from noting how bird feathers have this weird transition from something very much like fur to fully formed feathers. And it surpassed my expectations.

I ended up using the idea for my Crowulf.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited January 2022

I was playing with Raven Mocker today and then loaded Swampbeast over him. The Raven Mocker feathers were left behind and resulted in a happy accident where I discovered that the feathers work on other characters, too. So then of course, I had to add some ravens the the mix. This is the result.

USC Waterway 4 Swamp 7 Swampbeast Raven Mocker feathers L.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on