How do I fix file locations?

Something got corrupted in my directory structure and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it.  When I see something like a figure and double-click on it to load it, I get a message saying the file couldn't be found.  Sometimes, I can then right-click and select "Open file location" and it will open an Explorer window and I can select the figure's duf file from there.  How can I fix things so I don't get the error message?  It obviously has the correct file location (in this instance) so why can't it find the file in the first place?  Once I manually load the file, why doesn't it remember where it was for the next time?

On other figures, I get the not found message then try to browse to the file location but Studio doesn't know where it is so I'm then stuck. 

It's not just figures I'm having issues with but pretty much any type of object.  On some things it has the icon file correct but can't find the associated obect files.  In other cases, it can't even display the icon file.

How can I fix things so Studio knows where everything is?

I've tried to uninstall and delete everything and re-install but it doesn't seem to help.

Comments