Alembic material zones screwed-up - no, REALLY screwed-up

I'm used to Alembic mixing up the material zones. That, I can handle. But this...?

That's material zone 7.

I'm going from Daz (4.12.1.118) to Max (2019) and I've done this plenty of times in the past with no problems. The only thing that's changed on my end, I believe, is updating to the newest version of Daz.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• nm, I figured it out. The geometry of the toes was deleted when adding S3D Real Sneakers v5. I REALLY wish it was illegal for geometry to be deleted like that without being able to bring it back. (And no, deleting the shoes does not bring it back.) Now I have to recreate the character. Thanks S3D.

• nm, I figured it out. The geometry of the toes was deleted when adding S3D Real Sneakers v5. I REALLY wish it was illegal for geometry to be deleted like that without being able to bring it back. (And no, deleting the shoes does not bring it back.) Now I have to recreate the character. Thanks S3D.

The only way adding a fitted item, such as shoes, to a figure could remove geoemtry is via geoGrafting - which would be undoable by simply deleting (or unfitting) the item.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

nm, I figured it out. The geometry of the toes was deleted when adding S3D Real Sneakers v5. I REALLY wish it was illegal for geometry to be deleted like that without being able to bring it back. (And no, deleting the shoes does not bring it back.) Now I have to recreate the character. Thanks S3D.

The only way adding a fitted item, such as shoes, to a figure could remove geoemtry is via geoGrafting - which would be undoable by simply deleting (or unfitting) the item.

It would be nice if there was a mention of geografting when it's being used.  It's something 3DUniverse also did a lot of for a while.

• ^ Could've saved me a lot of time and headache.

• Just a note - we have never deleted geometry or used geografting to replace geometry. In many of our closed shoe figures, the toes are hidden to reduce poke through issues. Simply removing the shoes or unfitting them will restore the hidden toes. 

• Oh no...?