[Content Package Assist] How powerful is it?

Hi!

I'm now able to create content from scratch, rigg it, make it a follower, and so on... So I thought, now is the time to share content. I would do this for free, for it is mostly greebles ;-)

My short problem: My brain. I cannot memorize the correct paths, that is, where to put the geometry, where to put the textures, and so on... I have them ordered in my system, but not in a way it is easy to build it in a package. For example, I have a huge folder for own textures that I use, which isn't in the DAZ subfolder.

I recently read about this one https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist

My question is: Can this tool collect all files nessessary to build a package that works everywhere, even if textures and geometry are far away from the DAZ folder?

Best wishes

Ryselle

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,108

As far as I’m aware, CPA just works on the content as it’s presented. You should get in the habit of saving your content in the appropriate file structure so that when it comes time to distribute, you don’t have to hunt down different files. 

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

CPA Takes the files/folders you load into it and adds the manifest files for DIM so that DIM can detect the file and extract the files/folders just as you put them in CPA into your library directory.

This will also add an entry for the item in your Content Library tab. I use it for all my products picked up from other sites :)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Yeah CPA is for assisting you with using content packages, rather than making them.

There are a couple of tutorials on preparing zip files for distribution, one by esha and one by Dreamlight.   I don't make content, so couldn't vouch for either one.

• Thank you all for your replies smiley

Don't get me wrong, I have a well sorted system... It is just not compatible to the structure DAZ wants frown

So, to get this right, there is no "collect files option" or tool available in the moment, that builds a compatible structure for files?

Guess it is the hard way then crying

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Have you looked at this :  https://www.daz3d.com/content-gatherer

I have it on my wishlist; so I can't speak to how it works.  It may be more along the lines of what you are looking for.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    gitika1 said:

Have you looked at this :  https://www.daz3d.com/content-gatherer

I have it on my wishlist; so I can't speak to how it works.  It may be more along the lines of what you are looking for.

Content Gatherer will collect up all the files, but it's still dependent on you to create the folder structure.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Thank you all for your replies smiley

Don't get me wrong, I have a well sorted system... It is just not compatible to the structure DAZ wants frown

So, to get this right, there is no "collect files option" or tool available in the moment, that builds a compatible structure for files?

Guess it is the hard way then crying

On the bright side, once you know how Daz wants directories structured, you can save time in future projects.