Science Classroom Bundle -- Download Failed!

Is anyone else getting this error?  It happens seconds after starting. The other sets from the bundle do work.

I'm using Install Manager (I have tried restarting, there's 4TB free on the drive). The other program doesn't work for me.

Comments

• Same here.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

here too

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909

I have put in a ticket.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481
    edited August 2020

In my experience, this sort of thing is pretty common on release day for common bundles. Not sure why? Server load balancing or something such as that maybe.

Post edited by Greybro on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

Same herel; but all the individual products downloaded in DIM for me. So, I'm not sure wheter there is an extra in the bundle or whetehr listing the bundle in DIM is a glitch.

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 363
    edited August 2020

Also wasn't there a credit for buying yesterday's group of products? I thought it was a $10 credit? Never mind. Found it under store credit :)

Post edited by Nester751 on
  • RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 143

Same Here.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Has anyone tried this set?  I don't see preloads mentioned for the props, so I'd like to know how they're set up.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656
    Sevrin said:

Has anyone tried this set?  I don't see preloads mentioned for the props, so I'd like to know how they're set up.

For the classroom itself, there is a load environment and the individual items, but for the props there only seems to be the individual props. So to make a similar scene it will take some positioning.

felis said:
    Sevrin said:

For the classroom itself, there is a load environment and the individual items, but for the props there only seems to be the individual props. So to make a similar scene it will take some positioning.

Thanks.  That's a shame.  I mean the props had to be set up for the renders, so it wouldn't have been a huge effort to save the preset, so we'd have a starting point.  Can't really complain too much at this price, but it's still seems like a waste.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

I'm getting the same download error. Sometimes you get a seperate download for the bundle if there are bonus items that are ony included with the bundle but there aren't any shown on the product page and there is no manual download on the bundle page in my library. Maybe there shoudn't be an entry in DIM for the bundle. Does anyone know?

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    felis said:
    Sevrin said:

That's quite an understatement... with that many props setting up a scene will take quite a while.

Sevrin said:
    Thanks.  That's a shame.  I mean the props had to be set up for the renders, so it wouldn't have been a huge effort to save the preset, so we'd have a starting point.  Can't really complain too much at this price, but it's still seems like a waste.

Well, is it again an "outside source" product, brought into DAZ? That might explain a different "modus operandi" than what we - the customers - are used from the longtime DAZ PAs...

I wonder if it would be possible to make up some setups and give them away as freebies? Not that I would have the time for that in the near future... devil

felis said:
    Sevrin said:

That's quite an understatement... with that many props setting up a scene will take quite a while.

Sevrin said:

Well, is it again an "outside source" product, brought into DAZ? That might explain a different "modus operandi" than what we - the customers - are used from the longtime DAZ PAs...

I wonder if it would be possible to make up some setups and give them away as freebies? Not that I would have the time for that in the near future... devil

The props are from an outside source, but Daz set them up.  Anyway.  Spilt milk.

• The state of those desktop computers! Great for a Stranger Things render wink

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,981
    edited August 2020

Was going to post about this as well, I find it strange that they have a file like this.. When you click on the product info page it does not lead to a singular product, but the group of products that make that bundle..  So not entirely sure what the point of that bundle file is, I am thinking that it is all of the other product files combined..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • AabacusAabacus Posts: 403

I have the same issue. I was hoping that the "bundle" would include a populated scene. If not...this is going to be a long haul to set up. Disappointing to say the least.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731
    Sevrin said:
    felis said:
    Sevrin said:

Sevrin said:

The props are from an outside source, but Daz set them up.  Anyway.  Spilt milk.

Well DAZ must have that complete scene preset, so if people bug them enough they might include it in an update. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
    Taoz said:
    Sevrin said:
    felis said:
    Sevrin said:

Sevrin said:

Well DAZ must have that complete scene preset, so if people bug them enough they might include it in an update. 

to be fair reading the store desciptions it only says the props and thats what we got

zero'ed props

would be nice if they shared a preload but was not actually advertised

not the first product like that either by any means

I put in a ticket making the request.  The worst thing they can do is refuse, and then we're no worse off.

edited August 2020

Additional issues with this bundle:

Edit: Note: some of these are only issues because you can NOT currently recreate the sales images. if that doesn't matter to you then it's a fine set. Enjoy!

===

Desk drawers don’t open - Drawers appear to be modeled though...

Missing models according to the sales image:

The composition book is missing (black/white speckled cover)

The papers in a manilla folder (top kind of open)

Twisted Rubik's cube

Book Molecular (something) (black cover). (Supposed to be Book 3 but is book 3 is actually book 01 at a different angle)

Different materials for the backpack 

Microscope, Molecular 01 and 02, Newton Toy, protective Goggles 01 - 03 do not have the right Icon.

That's all I've found so far. 

It's a complicated scene so I'm sure things get missed. Just hoping that someone will actually provide the missing models and, of course, the scene...

Edit 1:

Also missing a protractor.  

(Just updating this until I'm done...then I'll put out the scene file and open a ticket.)

Edit 2: (I just banged this out...no order.)

1. Desk drawers don’t open - Drawers appear to be modeled but are non functional
    2. Missing models according to the sales image:
    3. The composition book is missing (black/white speckled cover)
    4. The papers in a manilla folder (top kind of open)
    5. Twisted Rubics cube
    6. Book Molecular (black cover). (Supposed to be book 3 but is book 01 at a different angle)
    7. Different materials for the backpack
    8. Microscope, Molecular 01 and 02, Newton Toy, protective Goggles 01 - 03 do not have the right Icon.
    9. Weighing Scale has the wrong Icon
    10. Backpack has the wrong Icon
    11. Missing what appears to be a yellow book that is on the top of the cabinets on the left of the room (from the instructors perspective)
    12. Wall Art 02 as a duplicate sign (blue) in the bottom left corner.
    13. There seems to be a missing crucible of some sort that's used on the counter in the back of the room
    14. There is a set of missing chemical bottles from the back of the room on top of the short shelf next to the jackets (near the mountain picture - back left)
    15. There appears to be either some missing glassware or that someone got overly excited about grouping the glassware. Beakers etc missing from the back right lab table. Solved by just changing up the grouping for the glassware.
    16. Stack of boxes in the back are not available. Have been bundled into one group. Needs to be ungrouped.
    17. Missing cabinet art for the back wall on the left
    18. There are no binders for the back right cabinets in the room
    19. There is a stack of papers missing (tall stack of papers with paper clips) - there is a stack of papers but there is a second one that seems to be missing.
    20. Pen/Pencil grouping on the desk is different/incomplete
    21. Books on the bookshelf behind the teachers desk are not included
    22. Can’t make the image on the projection screen
    23. The grouping of glass beakers on top of the cabinets in the back on the right has one extra beaker.
    24. Glassware on the back right table doesn’t seem to exist
    25. American Flag is included but not used
    26. Cabinet Art 01 C doesn’t seem to be used
    27. Geo Rock 01 doesn’t seem to be used
    28. Globe is included but doesn’t seem to be used
    29. Very little of the left and back wall cabinet contents seems to be included. It’s like there’s a a couple models missing.
    30. Newton toy is included but doesn’t seem to be used

Attaching the scene file as it stands. It's rough but should be functional for those who need a scene to work from.

I have a few more things to do in the cabinets but I'm out of time and am running outy of elements to use. There's a lot missing/not quite right.

duf
    duf
    Classroom Bundle Scene.duf
    Post edited by Aabacus on

I still prefer the zero props to what one Premier Artist I avoid does yes

props and set in one piece!!!!

edited August 2020

and many things do load in place ready to move to the shelves like the binder sets 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Taoz said:
    Sevrin said:
    felis said:
    Sevrin said:

Sevrin said:

to be fair reading the store desciptions it only says the props and thats what we got

Yes but that's not the point, the point is if they already have the preset why not include it?  A couple of minutes of extra work can save a lot of customers a lot of work. 

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234
    Aabacus said:

Twisted Rubik's cube

Book Molecular (something) (black cover). (Supposed to be Book 3 but is book 3 is actually book 01 at a different angle)

Microscope, Molecular 01 and 02, Newton Toy, protective Goggles 01 - 03 do not have the right Icon.

It's a complicated scene so I'm sure things get missed. Just hoping that someone will actually provide the missing models and, of course, the scene...

Maybe you should submit a support ticket for these.

lilweep said:
    Aabacus said:

Twisted Rubik's cube

Maybe you should submit a support ticket for these.

I will...

I'm building the scene file by hand and will share it once I'm done.

Also, the Class Environment product page is not saying it's part of a bundle. 

Plus one of the promos on the bundle page has a funny element, not sure if it's an accident or someone trying to be funny. devil  

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249
    Taoz said:

Plus one of the promos on the bundle page has a funny element, not sure if it's an accident or someone trying to be funny. devil  

It's all about your Point of View...

edited August 2020

a video

I am playing a puzzle game in another software with it

(easier to plonk stuff on other stuff and quickly populate and render)

cannot find that shelf in any of the promos or where it could go so deleted thatblush

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    NorthOf45 said:
    Taoz said:

Yes, literally...

Taoz said:
    NorthOf45 said:
    Taoz said:

Yes, literally...

Newton's balls?