Smart content and Content library missing products

Hi 

All of a sudden my smart content was comletely empty - I found a video how to fix it with Content DB maintinance
and resetting Database. 

After i did this some products showed up in smart content but most products where unistalled??
Same thing in content library.

I checked my drives and noticed that nothing has changed in drive sizes.

Sometime ago i moved my My Daz Connect Library to the D: drive to free up space in C:
and changed the path in DAZ install to this folder. but with DIM i kept the default path to C:drive

Could it be that resetting Database changed back the path to C:drive and how do i change it back
to link to my folders in D:drive??

Comments

• The database uses relative paths, so the location of the content directory doesn't matter as long as the correct folder in the tree is selected.

• My 3D SpinMy 3D Spin Posts: 600
    edited August 2020

The database uses relative paths, so the location of the content directory doesn't matter as long as the correct folder in the tree is selected.

So how and where do i check that the path is ok. I see in the content Directory manager and DAZ connect data that its
                     my D:drive and correct folder. Why do most of my content appear as unistalled suddenly?I have thousands of products
                     that looks as uninstalled but the remaining size of my drives havent changed?

I can still open old Scenes and all content will show up ok even though Smart Content and Content Library
                     have them as uninstalled??

Post edited by My 3D Spin on
  • I think resetting the database simply removed the entries telling DS the products were isntalled. In theory if you reinstall them DS should spot that you already have the files and not actually download them, but I have had mixed luck with that.

I think resetting the database simply removed the entries telling DS the products were isntalled. In theory if you reinstall them DS should spot that you already have the files and not actually download them, but I have had mixed luck with that.

My only worry is that i already have more than 400 GB in Data -Cloud - and if i install them again i will overload my drives!

• I think resetting the database simply removed the entries telling DS the products were isntalled. In theory if you reinstall them DS should spot that you already have the files and not actually download them, but I have had mixed luck with that.

My only worry is that i already have more than 400 GB in Data -Cloud - and if i install them again i will overload my drives!

Not if the cloud directory is still in the same place, at worst it will redownload the file and replace the existing copy with that. Try a test, and if it does place a second copy of the files somewhere then that means there's an issue with the directory set up.

I have been reinstalling a lot of products now and some products like the Genesis morphs dosent install?
    After installation they show up blank in the content library!!?

I still have thousands of product to reinstall.......

• What shows blank? Morph sets may have few or no user-facing files, so they wouldn't list much in the content panes. If you can see the .dsf files in /data/daz 3d/genesis #/female/morphs/ then there is an error in your directory settings.

Again all content is empty in Smart content and also in Posing presets. Any idea why this keeps hapening?
    For now i have to find everything in the content library.

• Do you get a PostgreSQL connection error on starting DS? Are the files still in their default locations? What is the folder path you see in the Content Library?

edited August 2020

Do you get a PostgreSQL connection error on starting DS? Are the files still in their default locations? What is the folder path you see in the Content Library?

No there are no errors when i start DS. Everything works normal but as i am preparing a scene suddenly all contents
                     dissapear in Smart content and Posing presets. 

The folder path in content library is the same as Smart content to My Daz connect library/data/Cloud

When i check Content DB maintenance - The list i get is far from what i should have installed!

Post edited by My 3D Spin on