PC build optimised for DAZ studio

alasjonesalasjones Posts: 0
edited August 2020 in New Users

Hello all,

The last time I have a workstation is 5 years ago so I am very clueless about all things hardware-related. I'm new to DAZ studio but totally in love with the software so I want to buy a PC.

Here is a build that I am considering:

➤ MAINBOARD: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
➤ CPU: INTEL CORE I7 9700K TURBO 4.9GHz / 8 CORE
➤ TẢN NHIỆT: COOLERMASTER T400i
➤ RAM: GSKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 32G/3000 ( 2x16G )
➤ SSD: WD BLACK 250G NVMe M.2 PCIE - R/W 3100/1600 Mb/s
➤ VGA: 2 x GPU NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11G / 352BIT / GDDR5X
➤ NGUỒN: ANTEC HCP 1000W PLATINUM
➤ CASE: SAMA TITAN BLACK

Let me know what you think about this build, I would really appreciate your thoughts. My budget $2500 max.

Thanks,

Post edited by alasjones on

Comments

• You definitely want more storage - possibly a bigger SSD, and at least one large mechanical HD or large SSD for content and renders.

•  

You definitely want more storage - possibly a bigger SSD, and at least one large mechanical HD or large SSD for content and renders.

Thanks for your advice!  I've just received another quote from another PC vendor

Here is the build

CPU                    1 x Intel Core i5 10400F 6C/12T 4.3Ghz

Motherboard        1 x Gigabyte Z490 Vision G

RAM                     4 x Adata GAMMIX D10 16GB 3000 C16 

VGA                     2 x Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Windforce OC 11GB GDDR6

COOLING            1 x Jonsbo CR1200 LGA115x / LGA1200

FAN                     4 x Deepcool xfan 12cm

SSD                    1 x 970 Evo Plus 500GB

HDD                    1 x  Gold 4TB Sata3 7200RPM

PSU                     1 x SuperFlower Leadex Gold III 850W 80+ Gold

CASE                   1 x CM Masterbox TD500

MONITOR         1 x P2719 27" 1920*1080 60Hz IPS

This build is over my budget but I am considering it as he said the RTX 2080Ti is really good and I get two of them.

I’ve another quote, which is also similar except for the Motherboard and the VGA, which suggests 2 x NVIDIA QUADRO RTX4000 8GB GDDR6, which would be $600 cheaper. 

My question is that I heard rave review about the Quadro RTX4000 for rendering but most of the reviews I read about the RTX2800TI Windforce are for gaming. The first vendor told me that in terms of Iray Benchmarking, the RTX 2080TI windforce are superior. 

Love to hear your thoughts on this. 

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited August 2020

How much longer can you wait?  The 3080 cards will probably be launching/out by the end of September.  They are promising big improvments across the board... and Nvidia already stopped making 20xx cards to clear out the pipeline and get ready for the new kid on the block.
    More on the next gen Nvidia Here
    https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/nvidia-ampere-release-date-price-specs-3972062

Also, here is a nice article on building a rendering PC
    https://www.cgdirector.com/best-hardware-for-gpu-rendering-in-octane-redshift-vray/

Are you totally against an AMD Processor?  Lots of Bang for the buck and the Zen 2 makes for a well rounded CPU.  I'd think I would want to future proof my build a bit by getting something with PCIe 4.  I did my build in February and went AMD Ryzen 9 3900x + 1TB PCIE 4 M.2 hard drive on a  x570 board.  I held back on my GPU purchase and kept my 1060 card to wait for my skills to improve and the next gen NVidia/AMD graphic cards to drop.

The 2080Tis are good, but I am not sure at this late in the game I'd go all in on a dual 2080 set up with the 3080s imminent.  But hey, you gotta do what your money and your wife tell you.

This system you posted would have been dynamite a year ago... But if you are new to daz, new to rendering, and new to 3d programs, I think you are wasting your money on a dual GPU machine right out of the starting gate.  I think you could do better by putting one of the GPUs back on the shelf and using the money to get more computer and monitor (at least a WQHD: 2560px x 1440px)... save up some bones while you get used to your new rig and improve your skills and pick up your second GPU (if you still want it) this time next year.

Lastly, there is a lot of satisfaction in building your own system.  It isn't rocket science, and if you can figure out Daz without a manual, you should be able to build your own rig as there are TONS of videos on it... It isn't that difficult.  If you gotta friend with IT skills, you could knock it out in a couple of hours.

Post edited by Chumly on