Clothes fitting on any model (creature or monster)

Hello!

I am working on a project and I would need to dress up a monster, https://www.daz3d.com/res-mortifera

However, the monster do not allow any outfit to fit on him. Is there a way, something that I can apply on the outfit, to be able to use it on the creature? 

Thank you very much!

Comments

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    I've set up a traditional figure with clothing, hid the figure, then used Photoshop to put the render on the intended character. Can be a lot of work.
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,656

It is not going to be easy.

The monster is not based on any normal character, so the is no build in morphs that can help you. And the spikes on the monster is making it even harder.

I think the most effective way to do it is to export the clothing you want to use, and take it into a modelling program and adjust it to fit the monster and then export it back and do transfer rigging to the monster.

Elsewise you might be able to find a male you can dialspin to similar proportions, then export that and reimport and do transfer rigging.

Another option is if you can get the clothing to partly fit, you can use mesh grabber to adjust.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811

you could make it very phat and Dforce it cheeky

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited August 2020

It doesn't look like it wants to wear clothing!

{One would have to model clothing for it as .obj and then use the transfer rigging utility to make it into clothing for best results.}

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

This is pretty much why I did a big bug monster based on Genesis 8 Male.

• Well that would be easier, change monsters! Make morphs on existing clothing if/as required.

{Mind you I don't think Chthonic Arkouda looks like it wants to wear clothing either ... note to self, get bug spray, LOTS of it}

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557

Is it the kind of creature who could wear Orc outfits (loincloth and harness) ?

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321

It says the figure is a standalone figure and not based on the standard G8 figure.  You could create custom clothes for it with Marvelous Designer.