Announcing The Platinum Club Plus [Beta] Program

Comments

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited July 2014

I had a cheeky punt at the new PC+ prices and got Rendezvous Ballroom for $7.96, two PC items for $1.99, two -Esha- items for approx 60% off and a DO part paid using my July PC coupon. Nice one! Now if we could keep those prices plus the $1.99 PC products then I would be happy. But I'm not sure if this kind of discount would always apply with PC+. I think the variable and unpredictable discounts are what still put me off it.

Post edited by Superdog on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Well, I'm confused again.
    I bought some Bluebird3d stuff (A PC+ store) and the additional PC+ discounts came after they were in the cart. Bought them. So they showed the 30% then the discount applied.

Now, a few hours later, testing cart, this didn't register an additional discount when added to the cart. Not a new product:
    http://www.daz3d.com/princess-ballgown-textures
    shows 4.88 and a 51% discount right away. Same in cart.

So which way is it- the discount is shown after adding to the cart, or implanted in the gallery price? It shouldn't be both ways. It's not a V4 item. It's V5.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2014

Novica said:
    Well, I'm confused again.
    I bought some Bluebird3d stuff (A PC+ store) and the additional PC+ discounts came after they were in the cart. Bought them. So they showed the 30% then the discount applied.

Now, a few hours later, testing cart, this didn't register an additional discount when added to the cart. Not a new product:
    http://www.daz3d.com/princess-ballgown-textures
    shows 4.88 and a 51% discount right away. Same in cart.

So which way is it- the discount is shown after adding to the cart, or implanted in the gallery price? It shouldn't be both ways. It's not a V4 item. It's V5.

It should go down to 2.93 as PC+ when you have a Kimiko & Friends item in your cart with it. I just tested it with Kiriko Hair and those ballgown textures and it worked fine.
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

Can I put my vote in for all older products to be sent to the bargain bin? Mainly V3/M3 and a lot of the older V4/M4 stuff. A lot of stores reduce games and other media once they get past a certain date so perhaps that might drum up a few more sales for the DAZ older stuff. Just a thought!

• DirewrathDirewrath Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    Novica said:
    I don't mind adding them to the cart to see the price, because they tell you very clearly at the top of the page that you'll get the discount. We asked them to be more clear about what was discounted/stacking, they did, and I don't think they need to babysit us any more than that.

OK, that's your POV. There are so many people who like all this complexity and smoke and mirrors. I'm not one of them. It's a bad, complicated, practice. It's not about babysitting. It's about clarity and transparency. I don't like it. Am I allowed to say that, or must I go along like a lamb to the slaughter?

You are aware that you are in the Daz forums right? Any bleeting against the high ones out of you and you will be sorry. ;) lol

So I've been doing some more research on this PC + thing, as far as I can see it seems okay. But when it comes to the older PC items I still have a hard time finding any reason for me wanting to spend the extra money on items that have been; up until this, $1.99? New items, well, I have no problem spending more for them as they were never PC price in the first place. And as a customer I would not see them in the same sort as the older items.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited July 2014

Vaskania said:

It should go down to 2.93 as PC+ when you have a Kimiko & Friends item in your cart with it. I just tested it with Kiriko Hair and those ballgown textures and it worked fine.

That explains it- I had the ballroom (in the Kimiko sale) in the cart for the first order. Thanks!

Post edited by Novica on
  • UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

JK0011 said:
    Can I ask a question? Why would you open up the PC+ pricing to Non-PC/PC+ members when you are in the middle of a trial to test its viability to the current members of both groups?
    That makes no since to me.

Not sure but this reply by Cybersox13 might give you the answer to your question...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/639857/

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    Can I put my vote in for all older products to be sent to the bargain bin? Mainly V3/M3 and a lot of the older V4/M4 stuff. A lot of stores reduce games and other media once they get past a certain date so perhaps that might drum up a few more sales for the DAZ older stuff. Just a thought!

And for me, it's not even older stuff. The 4 series is the last Daz char's I'll everget to use as I'm a Poser 7 user. I may upgrade someday, as I did from all the pre-7 versions, but I'll probably never use DSON. So I buy V4/M4/ etc. stuff happily when sales occur. I just bought poses @ rendo for the M4 & V4 skeletons while I was reading here. Kept looking for them here, never found them.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2014

Superdog said:

Heaven forbid that ever happens. Many still use Gen 4 figures (including me) and there are even some still swear by Gen 3 figs, especially Aiko 3 who has an enormous fan club.

However this is nothing really to do with the PC+ beta. Can we return to topic, please.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757
    edited December 1969

Okay, yet another issue I haven't seen brought up:

I'm seeing that the 50% discount on interiors tied to Macleans new Model Agency set is NOT applying to any interior DOs that are marked as Platinum Club items. that would be fine if I were in the PC and getting those items for $1.99. However, since I'm in the PC+ for the month and therefore not getting the $1.99 fixed price, it seems to mean that any promo that has the standard "excludes PC items" notation will not be available to PC+ members, even if the price of said item after the discount is actually still higher than the price it would have been had I still been in the standard PC? Or is this just yet another botch in store pricing/programming?

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

I'm seeing that the 50% discount on interiors tied to Macleans new Model Agency set is NOT applying to any interior DOs that are marked as Platinum Club items. that would be fine if I were in the PC and getting those items for $1.99. However, since I'm in the PC+ for the month and therefore not getting the $1.99 fixed price, it seems to mean that any promo that has the standard "excludes PC items" notation will not be available to PC+ members, even if the price of said item after the discount is actually still higher than the price it would have been had I still been in the standard PC? Or is this just yet another botch in store pricing/programming?

This is intended behavior. The banner said it excludes Platinum Club Items and that is true for everyone. Even non PC/PC+ members don't get any additional discount on those items.

edited July 2014

DAZ_jared said:

This is intended behavior. The banner said it excludes Platinum Club Items and that is true for everyone. Even non PC/PC+ members don't get any additional discount on those items.

So... given that the "excludes Platinum Items" bit is standard boilerplate on almost all DAZ ads, does that mean that an item like one of the Dream Home rooms, which have srps of $16.95, yet are $1.99 to someone in the PC, will essentially be perpetually locked at a permanent maximum discounted price of $5.09 to someone in the PC+... even when comparably priced non-PC DO and PA items, like one of the Aslan Courts, ARE being discounted down to $2.55? Not only does that make the PC+ plan seem even less attractive, but It seems to me that it actually goes directly against the stated goals of the program, as the long term result of that kind of price inequity going forward would only result in even fewer sales of PC items.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • KinichKinich Posts: 857
    edited December 1969

Just a quick question/thought, if the price increase for PC items becomes a permanent thing in the near future will we see a similar increase in the prize for the PC Inspiration Contest?

edited December 1969

Kinich said:
    Just a quick question/thought, if the price increase for PC items becomes a permanent thing in the near future will we see a similar increase in the prize for the PC Inspiration Contest?

Well, if the model were to be changed to follow the same pattern as the programs, the winners of the "plus" version would be awarded with coupons that require a $18 purchase to save $6 instead of getting straight store credit or vouchers... :-S

But seriously, there's no reason for the prize value to increase, as the number of $$$ being taken in by DAZ for the program itself actually decreases with PC+.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,120
    edited December 1969

Kinich said:

Since we're still not sure exactly what changes will take place, things like the PCI contest haven't really been looked at yet - however as things develop we would look at all related items to the PC :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

Thank you for answering - even if I don't like the answer.
    It looks like there will be more sales in the future were non PC members will get a better price than PC members.

edited July 2014

Kerya said:
    DAZ_jared said:

It looks like there will be more sales in the future were non PC members will get a better price than PC members.

I remember that DAZ used to say that being a PC member had it's privileges. I believe that this must be one of the many "privileges" for being a PC+ member... I think that the main privilege that we get is the right pay more and more for everything in the DAZ store.

Since last month I buy almost nothing here and believe me it is also intended behaviour...

Post edited by Unseen on
  • MassMinionMassMinion Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

So... given that the "excludes Platinum Items" bit is standard boilerplate on almost all DAZ ads, does that mean that an item like one of the Dream Home rooms, which have srps of $16.95, yet are $1.99 to someone in the PC, will essentially be perpetually locked at a permanent maximum discounted price of $5.09 to someone in the PC+... even when comparably priced non-PC DO and PA items, like one of the Aslan Courts, ARE being discounted down to $2.55? Not only does that make the PC+ plan seem even less attractive, but It seems to me that it actually goes directly against the stated goals of the program, as the long term result of that kind of price inequity going forward would only result in even fewer sales of PC items.

I think this new beta system has made a huge mess of the PC back catalogue to be honest,giving everything a general 70% off just does not work.The sales methods of the passed offered products with very basic textures or a scene that resembles an empty box,this encouraged people to pick up the companion products (texture sets,furniture,expansions etc)........at $1.99,no one will grumble about products being fragmented to generate better sales.
    Change the basic price to $5.00 however and it puts a whole new spin on the PC back catalogue,it puts themed products like Dream Home,Carnival,Moonshine,Westpark etc into a very different price bracket,simply picking up 4 themed items now costs $20 and that's not even scratching the surface of the Dream Home theme,can't help agreeing that this will be counter productive in terms of sales.There are large numbers of products that I now dismiss as I know it's gonna cost me far more than $5.00 to get them working.

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

I think this new beta system has made a huge mess of the PC back catalogue to be honest,giving everything a general 70% off just does not work.The sales methods of the passed offered products with very basic textures or a scene that resembles an empty box,this encouraged people to pick up the companion products (texture sets,furniture,expansions etc)........at $1.99,no one will grumble about products being fragmented to generate better sales.
    Change the basic price to $5.00 however and it puts a whole new spin on the PC back catalogue,it puts themed products like Dream Home,Carnival,Moonshine,Westpark etc into a very different price bracket,simply picking up 4 themed items now costs $20 and that's not even scratching the surface of the Dream Home theme,can't help agreeing that this will be counter productive in terms of sales.There are large numbers of products that I now dismiss as I know it's gonna cost me far more than $5.00 to get them working.

I'll restate this,

The pricing would be adjusted if this was to be rolled out permanently. We kept it a flat 70% for the beta in the hope of keeping things a little simpler.

But yes, we agree that older back-cat items would be priced lower regardless of the specific changes to pricing (be it fixed % or flat pricing)

Cheers :)

edited December 1969

I'll restate this,

The pricing would be adjusted if this was to be rolled out permanently. We kept it a flat 70% for the beta in the hope of keeping things a little simpler.

But yes, we agree that older back-cat items would be priced lower regardless of the specific changes to pricing (be it fixed % or flat pricing)

Jack - you are giving me hope!
    :) :) :)
    You are considering flat pricing too!
    Thanks for not ruling it out.
    I know, it is considering, but you mentioned the possibility - and that is making me happy.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I'll restate this,

Jack - you are giving me hope!
    You are considering flat pricing too!
    Thanks for not ruling it out.
    I know, it is considering, but you mentioned the possibility - and that is making me happy.

I mentioned it all the way back when too actually.. again.. nothing is off the table.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    DAZ_jared said:

No, the sales exclude PC items for everyone. So no one gets an additional discount on those items, even non PC/PC+ members. So there is no scenario where a PC item would be cheaper for a non PC/PC+ member than it is for a member.

This isn't something that will happen with every sale (exclusion of platinum club items). Though they will probably be excluded for regular PC members as has been standard practice (with a few exceptions). To be honest the issue is more with getting the rules set up so that it excludes PC items for regular PC members but not PC+ members. Once we have that sorted out I'm sure PC+ members will see less exclusion of PC items, though there will still be instances where they are excluded. It's going to be one of those case by case basis things.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited July 2014

[shortened by me]
    Here is a thought: The PC loyalty program. 5 continuous years in the PC, and you are awarded the DO indy game license. Or front page link Gallery privileges.... or Maybe 2 Years advance Membership and you get DS5-PRO free...cool badges & stuff like that.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
    edited December 1969

[shortened by me]
    Here is a thought: The PC loyalty program. 5 continuous years in the PC, and you are awarded the DO indy game license. Or front page link Gallery privileges.... or Maybe 2 Years advance Membership and you get DS5-PRO free...cool badges & stuff like that.

Nice idea - but since the trouble with the software, everybody (well, everybody that is a PC member since some years) has the same beginning date: Membership Started: July 30, 2013

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

No, the sales exclude PC items for everyone. So no one gets an additional discount on those items, even non PC/PC+ members. So there is no scenario where a PC item would be cheaper for a non PC/PC+ member than it is for a member.

This isn't something that will happen with every sale (exclusion of platinum club items). Though they will probably be excluded for regular PC members as has been standard practice (with a few exceptions). To be honest the issue is more with getting the rules set up so that it excludes PC items for regular PC members but not PC+ members. Once we have that sorted out I'm sure PC+ members will see less exclusion of PC items, though there will still be instances where they are excluded. It's going to be one of those case by case basis things.

Thank you for answering my concerns.
    The problem is probabyly the "getting the rules set up" - sorry, but this store software here at Daz is FAMOUS for glitches ...
    ;)

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    [shortened by me]

Nice idea - but since the trouble with the software, everybody (well, everybody that is a PC member since some years) has the same beginning date: Membership Started: July 30, 2013

But... you have a line under your avatar that says "Joined 2006-02-20" For them to put it there means that data is sitting in an accessible d-base somewhere.

So, it probably is doable. But with the PC benies getting chopped a little every couple of years, I can't see why they'd want to. It kind of defeats the purpose of keeping the price the same while talking things away every so often..

edited July 2014

Kerya said:
    [shortened by me]

But... you have a line under your avatar that says "Joined 2006-02-20" For them to put it there means that data is sitting in an accessible d-base somewhere.

So, it probably is doable. But with the PC benies getting chopped a little every couple of years, I can't see why they'd want to. It kind of defeats the purpose of keeping the price the same while talking things away every so often..

I assume that date is relating to the forum though, not the PC membership. IIRC, there is the original sign up dates still stored somewhere, but I don't know if that could be used to ascertain if someone had 'continuous' membership.

it would open another can of worms, but I won't go into that here.

It's a nice idea though - definitely something to consider.

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
  • IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

The others being what I said before.
    Good. That was going to be one of my three main complaints about PC+. It's a huge relief. :)

My main complaints are:

1. Too complicated-- far too many sale stipulations. IMO, there should be no more than 3 for each sale category. This is not just about confusion-- I suffer from mental and developmental disorders that make it impossible for me to remember patterns the second I take my eyes off of it.
    2. Allowing an "only if the PA wants it to" rule to sale stacking, which makes it impossible to know if a vendor's product sales stack with themselves and/or with other PA or DO items unless someone reports it here on the forums. I would much prefer inconsistent PC pricing than this sort of nightmare, provided the PC button problem gets fixed (i.e. 2.99 items no longer have the PC sticker beside/under them)

Also, regarding what I said about memory-- it's not just people like me with psychiatric and/or developmental disorders. The general age demographic for DAZ and Poser tends to be in the 40's to 60's. By the time someone hits senior/pensioner, short-term memory tends not to work as well as it used to-- for some people this can be severe. IMO Daz is obligated to accomadate this customer demographic, esp. since the 60-somethings make up a huge bulk of their sales.

sorry, but this store software here at Daz is FAMOUS for glitches ...
    Damn straight. Though I think Renderosity is going to outdo DAZ before long. Holy **** what a mess that place is, and apparently it displays improperly no matter what size monitor, laptop, or mobile device one uses. LOL, I'd LOVE to see a monthly sales comparison of their site bet. now and the last two months.

• The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

At this point, I'm just waiting for July to end so I can go back to the regular PC because I have no use for this new PC+.

I wish there was a way to opt-out sooner.

edited December 1969

At this point, I'm just waiting for July to end so I can go back to the regular PC because I have no use for this new PC+.

I wish there was a way to opt-out sooner.

Just to tell you that at least one person does agree with you...

This discussion has been closed.