Announcing The Platinum Club Plus [Beta] Program

Comments

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited June 2014

The simpler solution would have been just to give us back the $6 voucher (which could be spread across multiple purchases 'til used up, and used on a wider variety of items, if memory serves) instead of the use-it-all-at-once-and-lose-any-leftover coupon, or to extend the coupon to include PC items. Premium memberships are supposed to make things easier for their members -- this just comes across as overly complicated.

Post edited by Morpheon on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:
    Kerya said:
    Upsides like having to buy 18$ worth of items and be able to use my 6$ coupon and being able to use said coupon on older PC items (which will be much higher in price) ...

There are TWO $6 coupons in the beta.
    One is for DAZ Originals and now also PC items, no minimum (I think?)
    Second is for DOs, PC items and PA items, $18 minimum.
    (not to mention the 30% discounts on DOs and weekly scheduled PAs)

PAs are taking our share of hit on this second coupon. Survey says this is what majority PC members wanted so quite a few PAs are going to trial the beta period in the hopes it increase sales # enough to more than make up for the lower prices ... win for PC members and win for us PAs.

I wished we had the old store ... I would go back to the 5$ coupon, but the coupon worked on only the Daz half of the price of a PA item.
    That way the PAs didn't have a hit (and I don't see a difference for Daz whether the coupon takes the dollars off a DO or their share of a PA item).

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited June 2014

I would much rather you just increase the price so that I know where I stand financially the % means that you can increase what we pay just by slowly increasing base prices.

The issue that we have with the current model is that a fixed price of a 1.99 doesn't really make sense. Why should an environment be the same price as a pose pack, when one costs more to produce than the other?

Furthermore, not all environments are the same, same are a lot smaller.. some are a lot bigger. Should they be the same price? The % does allow the base prices to be adjusted to more accurately reflect each products size and contents - and as continue to offer all items at a deep discount.

That exactly, prices can be 'adjusted' at any time, you could take out a years membership and to start with pay only £3 on average for a PC item, but in a few months if the base prices increase you could be paying up to $5-7 and that can continue to increase with out there being anything members can do.
    Personally I would just like to see an increase in the price of PC items, I realise that some things are not equal but isn't that part the point of the club thing.
    Why even bother with a Membership if at some point the sales will mean you can get this stuff cheap any way.

It's taken over 10 years to get this far, so I don't see anything increasing that rapidly over that short amount of time :)

With regards as to why bother getting a membership, just look at the new benefits as part of the PC+.

Maybe I'm missing something but all I see as added extra is a coupon worth $6 but I have to spend $18.
    Prices have been rising lately and there seems to be nothing that implies that won't continue to increase, DO's in particular seem to have increased in price lately. And if you decide to implement these changes and a bit down the line realise its not working all you have to do is increase base prices and get more income.
    If you can give a guarantee that PC and DO prices will not increase then that might be something.
    I'm like others I won't be buying on impulse I'll wait until things are 60 days old and use one of the coupons.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited June 2014

Someone could make a bit of money setting up an advice service about how to use PC+. Can we pay with our coupons? Do questions stack up? Ask three questions get 45% off another one etc. etc.

Post edited by Superdog on
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,134
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    No impulse buying at $3.50 because it soon adds up when a lot of items at this price are added to the cart. So PC+ might be worthwhile but atm it's very difficult for me to work out the long term benefits.

Bear in mind, PC+ offers both intro pricing to new items (on top of the 70% off) as well as the $6 coupon on back-catalogue items. Plus the PA discounts..etc.. so lots of potential long term benefits.

edited December 1969

AchimS said:
    Should

"100% Off Dark Sisterhood OR Gated Courtyard"

and the other Countdown 2 Summer rewards still work
    after switching to PC + ???

I don't know for sure, but yes.. I would assume that they will. The PC+ beta should only affect the PC side of things.

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited June 2014

AchimS said:
    Should

"100% Off Dark Sisterhood OR Gated Courtyard"

and the other Countdown 2 Summer rewards still work
    after switching to PC + ???

I don't know for sure, but yes.. I would assume that they will. The PC+ beta should only affect the PC side of things.

I have signed up and I am still showing my "Countdown 2 Summer" savings at:

http://www.daz3d.com/countdown-2-summer

Though my purchases have been rather modest, so my savings are likewise :(

One thought might be to evaluate the effect the changes will have and then act on that before signing up. For example, are a bunch of $1.99 items going to go up in price if you sign up? Should you buy them at $1.99 before signing up?

Cheers,

Cliff

Post edited by Cliff Bowman on
    edited December 1969

Maybe I'm missing something but all I see as added extra is a coupon worth $6 but I have to spend $18.

There are a lot more benefits.. as shown here.

If you can give a guarantee that PC and DO prices will not increase then that might be something.I'm like others I won't be buying on impulse I'll wait until things are 60 days old and use one of the coupons.

I don't set the prices for the DO's... and the prices we do set for the PC will always be in line roughly with the market. We won't suddenly up everything to 34.95.

Regarding the coupon usage, spending habits will be carefully analysed. Obviously if everyone just waits and uses a coupon it defeats the point of all this... but like I said, that will be part of the analysis at the end of July.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

Well took the plunge to see what is with it and since only a beta test just to see.. And well the increase in prices can be from reasonable of $2.30 to $11 and more depending on the item.. Before one could go nuts and buy a lot of PC items.. To now being careful on what one spends such as http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items/if-you-build-it-picket-fence which under the current PC system is $1.99 under PC+ it is now $10.47..

But I spose the fact that some PA's are now cheaper like http://www.daz3d.com/utopia-labs which is normally $36.95 with PC+ is now $25.87.. The only thing is why the two coupons when you can only use one or the other from what I can tell.. So having a mix of Daz Original and PA's could get interesting..

edited June 2014

ghosty12 said:
    Well took the plunge to see what is with it and since only a beta test just to see.. And well the increase in prices can be from reasonable of $2.30 to $11 and more depending on the item.. Before one could go nuts and buy a lot of PC items.. To now being careful on what one spends such as http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items/if-you-build-it-picket-fence which under the current PC system is $1.99 under PC+ it is now $10.47..

But I spose the fact that some PA's are now cheaper like http://www.daz3d.com/utopia-labs which is normally $36.95 with PC+ is now $25.87.. The only thing is why the two coupons when you can only use one or the other from what I can tell.. So having a mix of Daz Original and PA's could get interesting..

Just a note about some of the pricing, some of my own items which were 2.99 are now showing up at 44%, not 70%. It's a bug I believe with the Value Cat items and something I've highlighted with the team, so hopefully be straightened out today.

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

If the 30% PA discount occasionally/randomly stacked on top of some PA sales or fast grabs?
    That would be pretty enticing at first thought.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:

It sounds like PC+ pushes prices into a middle ground which isn't really impulse territory for me. Why buy a back catalogue item like Utopia Labs for $25.87 (about 30% off) when it'll be on sale for 50% off at some point? If someone has waited for a product to become back catalogue then why wouldn't they wait a bit longer for the 50% off sale? I don't think you even need to be a PC member to take advantage of a 50% off sale.

edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    If the 30% PA discount occasionally/randomly stacked on top of some PA sales or fast grabs?

Q: How does the 30% off Select PA Catalogs work?
    A: The discount will work similar to the DAZ Original discount you already enjoy. With the following differences: Premier Artists will be included on a rotating basis so you won’t get a 30% off of all PA’s all the time. But we will keep it fresh and rotate PA’s in and out on a regular basis. The 30% discount may or may not stack with intro pricing on new items, this is left up to the PA’s discretion. It will stack with other discounts on a PA’s store just like your DAZ Original discount stacks with other current promotions.

edited December 1969

Will the rotating PA PC inducements replace the Stores Flash sales on some PA's store that have been happening or are they stlll going ahead?

edited December 1969

Will the rotating PA PC inducements replace the Stores Flash sales on some PA's store that have been happening or are they stlll going ahead?

I believe they are in addition too, not replacing :)

edited December 1969

So we could get 30% off a PA store as a paying PC member and then a couple of days later the store has a 60% sale on the same PA. Sorry but the 30% off PA's stores isn't that much of an enticement really, especially when you have the numerous flash sales.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:

A: The discount will work similar to the DAZ Original discount you already enjoy. With the following differences: Premier Artists will be included on a rotating basis so you won’t get a 30% off of all PA’s all the time. But we will keep it fresh and rotate PA’s in and out on a regular basis. The 30% discount may or may not stack with intro pricing on new items, this is left up to the PA’s discretion. It will stack with other discounts on a PA’s store just like your DAZ Original discount stacks with other current promotions.

Thanks Jack!
    Well, I will give it a try for the Beta.
    After I pick up the sci-fi boxes. :P
    But thanks for all the info.
    Have fun when everybody wakes up. ;)

edited December 1969

So we could get 30% off a PA store as a paying PC member and then a couple of days later the store has a 60% sale on the same PA. Sorry but the 30% off PA's stores isn't that much of an enticement really, especially when you have the numerous flash sales.

Potentially it could also stack..

edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    Ippotamus said:

Thanks Jack!
    Well, I will give it a try for the Beta.
    After I pick up the sci-fi boxes. :P
    But thanks for all the info.
    Have fun when everybody wakes up. ;)

Oh don't worry, me and Laurie are ready..

index.php_.jpg
    500 x 323 - 44K
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

meh...

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited June 2014

It has pro and contra, yes... but since this is only a trail a give it a try.

For me it is a Chance to get some Platinum Club Items for free with the coupon, sine the. old coupon did not work with 1.99$ Items.
    (Some Platinum Club Items are now below 1.99$)

But... Why are some Items in the Platinum Club Item Category are no longer labeld as Platinum Club Item and have no Platinum Club Discount (only 30%) !?

Post edited by R25S on
    edited December 1969

R25S said:
    It has pro and contra, yes... but since this is only a trail a give it a try.

For me it is a Chance to get some Platinum Club Items for free with the coupon, sine the. old coupon did not work with 1.99$ Items.
    (Some Platinum Club Items are now below 1.99$)

But... Why are some Items in the Platinum Club Item Category are no longer labeld as Platinum Club Item and have no discount!?

"Just a note about some of the pricing, some of my own items which were 2.99 are now showing up at 44%, not 70%. It’s a bug I believe with the Value Cat items and something I’ve highlighted with the team, so hopefully be straightened out today."

Can you point me to the ones with no discount please?

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited December 1969

most of the items wich where freebies sometimes like http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items/board-games are now only 30% off and have no "P" Label.

edited December 1969

R25S said:
    most of the items wich where freebies sometimes like http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items/board-games are now only 30% off and have no "P" Label.

Ah yea, those are the old weekly freebies.. again, something is up with them but it's on the to-do list today :)

Thanks!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, weeelllllllll ... looks to be a case of 'swings and roundabouts', left hand giving, right hand taking, and all that sort of thing.
    I think, on the whole, I will take the leap and give it a look-see.

• Dead_ReckoningDead_Reckoning Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Looking at the latest PC $1.99 Offerings and using the Beta PC 70% Off

Viking Male Hair for Genesis and Genesis 2 Male(s) = $5.08 vs $1.99

Colors for Viking Male Hair = $3.29 vs $1.99

Njord = $3.29 vs $1.99

Viking for Genesis 2 Male(s) = $5.08 vs $1.99

So Old PC for all 4 would be $7.96 vs PC Plus $16.74. Over 100% Cost Increase.
    NOT what I belong to the PC for..
    For me and my usage of the PC, Beta PC is a No Sale.

edited December 1969

You're forgetting the 30% intro discount that would apply to the new PC releases.

But yes, prices are (slightly) increased. 1.99 isn't viable, and this is an attempt at easing that. Giving with one hand and taking with another was used earlier.. which I guess is kinda true..but it's better than just taking with both hands ;)

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

while I'm not really convinced, the changes do sound at least interesting.

Don' think I'm gonna join the beta, though.

If a beta is like sailing to an unexplored land, then a DAZ beta must be like sailing to an unexplored land in boat that's held together with duct tape and string. And on fire.

• Dead_ReckoningDead_Reckoning Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

You're forgetting the 30% intro discount that would apply to the new PC releases.

But yes, prices are (slightly) increased. 1.99 isn't viable, and this is an attempt at easing that. Giving with one hand and taking with another was used earlier.. which I guess is kinda true..but it's better than just taking with both hands ;)

You have your opinion and I have mine.
    I pay my $70 . year for the $1.99 PC Items and the Monthly $6.00 Coupon. No other reasons.

It's just a hobby and something I can easily do without these days.

This discussion has been closed.