dumb denoiser question

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
edited August 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

Does the iray denoiser work on a computer without a Nvidia card because it doesn't seem to work identical settings same scene on my Windows 7 machine using CPU,

I sent the scene over my wifi network to it from my Win10 and it finds all the stuff as my library and runtime paths identical, so one would expect an identical albeit slower render.

even tried saving a render preset and sharing that

it appears as if no denoising occurs whatsoever regardless of how I set it

I only do 20 iterations as its an animated scene

so I am guessing denoiser is Nvidia GPU only

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• No, the denoiser (and the new tool for guestimating how close to completing the image is) requires an nVidia GPU.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
    edited August 2020

well that certainly is a slap in the face to anyone using a computer without Nvidia hardware angry

I have tried unsuccessfully to convert this set to 3Delight too

it is far too complex as are many

rendering it in opengl  seems my only option in DAZ studio 

I can render it in other softwares with much other work like instances to obj and decimator

are so many like it, not only is Carrara and Poser no longer supported and export as obj difficult due to heavy instancing

but 

you cannot even render them in DAZ studio anymore if you don't own a card that doesn't go to CPU

I am using it on my other computer BTW with the 980ti as this particular does fit on the card

just wanted to do some clips on the other one the same time

using 6 instanced V3 and M3s!

many scenes however won't fit on my card (anything with genesis + in a big set)

just hope they can one day add an instanced prop exporter plugin for Blender!

• Have you tried denoising with the external CPU based Intel solution?

See the fourm threads here or here

edited August 2020

Have you tried denoising with the external CPU based Intel solution?

no good for image series sadly

I render animated scenes otherwise I would just run the render until there was no noise

• Have you tried denoising with the external CPU based Intel solution?

Why not? I thought someone had set up a batch file or shell that would let it process a folder full of images.

I render animated scenes otherwise I would just run the render until there was no noise

Have you tried denoising with the external CPU based Intel solution?

Why not? I thought someone had set up a batch file or shell that would let it process a folder full of images.

I was not aware of that, last time I used it it opened a new command window and process each image creating quite a mess

• There is also a GUI for batch operating multiple denoisers form Taoz here: https://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/dnden/

You can specify an output directory and a suffix for the denoised image. You should give it a try!

There is also a GUI for batch operating multiple denoisers form Taoz here: https://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/dnden/

You can specify an output directory and a suffix for the denoised image. You should give it a try!

thankyou will look again

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731

There is also a GUI for batch operating multiple denoisers form Taoz here: https://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/dnden/

Yes, it will batch process as many files as you want, just select them all in Explorer and drag them onto the interface.

Taoz said:

Yes, it will batch process as many files as you want, just select them all in Explorer and drag them onto the interface.

thank you, will try yes