LUXUS for Carrara question

123457»

Comments

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

joeping, those are all "quick experiments"? Wow...

Funny how people never seem to post final renders here, just quick experiments.... :)

Just messing with you... :)

Be proud of your work !! Some of those are really nice. Call them final renders !! :)

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited January 2015

Thanks Joe,
    I probably should call them final render, since I never go back to them.
    I tend to call them experiments because they are just daily practice and I try to keep the time creating to under an hour. ;)

Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • rksrks100rksrks100 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    I'm a new user of Carrara and luxus. I have searched the forums and failed to find significant information on how to use alpha/transparency on luxus materials- I have found only a couple of sentences that are also included in the luxus unofficial manual as 'tips and tricks'. I have figured out how to use alpha with Carrara shaders but most of those will presumably not be well translated, requiring manual setup for luxrender.

Can someone please enlighten me on how to set up transparency on luxus materials? For example, I intend to use 'luxus matte' or 'luxus glossy' for a leaf object. The diffuse image map for the leaf comes with an alpha image.

Thanks in advance

• SphericLabsSphericLabs Posts: 598
    edited December 1969

rksrks100 said:
    Hi,
    I'm a new user of Carrara and luxus. I have searched the forums and failed to find significant information on how to use alpha/transparency on luxus materials- I have found only a couple of sentences that are also included in the luxus unofficial manual as 'tips and tricks'. I have figured out how to use alpha with Carrara shaders but most of those will presumably not be well translated, requiring manual setup for luxrender.

Can someone please enlighten me on how to set up transparency on luxus materials? For example, I intend to use 'luxus matte' or 'luxus glossy' for a leaf object. The diffuse image map for the leaf comes with an alpha image.

Thanks in advance

Lux Surface
    -> Lux Mix Material
    --> material1 = Lux Null
    --> material2 = Lux Matte
    --> amount = your alpha image

edited December 1969

Thanks Spheric, very kind of you to take the time to answer- I now have alpha maps working. I purchased Luxus for Carrara just last night and very happy with its performance thus far. Have been using your Luxus for Daz up to now. It's fantastic to have access to Luxrender through your software. Also, I didn't realize how great Carrara is....I regret not having moved to it much sooner.

Now, if there was some way to translate Carrara atmosphere to luxrender through non homogeneous volumetric materials, that would be a Godsend !

• rk66rk66 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the update.
    Direct link to the new features of 1.5: http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/New_in_1-5

Luxus is 56% off for the weekend:
    http://www.daz3d.com/luxus-for-carrara

edited December 1969

The new features in luxrender 1.5 look awesome. I'm assuming we'll need an update to luxus to access most of the them ? or is there some way to access them through extra command line ?

I have been anxiously awaiting the faster render speed of luxrender 1.5 and tested it out with luxus with just the one scene last night. Relative to luxrender 1.3 I noticed no significant enhancement in render speed with luxrender 1.5- but this was with just the one scene and nothing changed between the scenes except the version or luxrender that was used. I'm thus assuming that there may be a need to use the extra command line to access accelerated cpu speed in luxrender 1.5 ?

rks

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

New features are supposed to be available and I think that someone mentioned that it worked. But have not tried myself or seen any instructions...

• MiloMilo Posts: 511

Just getting clarification, plants the leaves don't render? (replicators?)
    Also native hair/fur?  I did see that Luxrender has hair http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/Hair_and_Fur

THanks

Milo