Latest DSON locking

Strange VoyagerStrange Voyager Posts: 390
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi all.

When I bring G2M into the latest Poser Pro 2014 in Windows via the DSON importer, some of the joint parameters that work in Studio have a zero range in Poser. This seems to affect the "Side-to-Side" rotation of the forearms, and possibly other joints. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a known fix?

Thank you

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337
    edited December 1969

Side to side should be zeroed - you can't move your own forearm side to side. Did you perhaps have rotation limits off in DS?

• Strange VoyagerStrange Voyager Posts: 390
    edited December 1969

Most likely then. I was converting old poses for another figure, and something must have gotten lost in translation. Thanks, Richard. :)

edited June 2014

Whoops.

Post edited by Strange Voyager on
    edited December 1969

I did some tests (something I admittedly should have done before my other post, so that I would know how wrong the response was) on the Genesis 2 Male. In Studio, I can move his forearm in all the ways I can move my own. This is not the case when I import the G2M into Poser via the DSON script. Why the difference? The ability to move the forearm from side to side (starting at the elbow) is vital for poses such as the hand sign for "stop" when you're on a bike or car with no turn signal/brake lights. Is this a bug in the DSON importer, or an issue with Poser, or an intentional decision?

Thank you.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

If you can move your forearm side to side see a doctor. The elbow is a hinge joint and should have no intentional sideways movement. You have obviously turned off limits in DAZ Studio.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Ok, it's been along time since Driver Ed so bear with me. If I'm reading you correctly, you want the arm bent at the elbow and the hand pointing down towards the ground?

If this is the position, the downward position does not come from the elbow, it comes from the ball and socket joint of the shoulder.

If I have the wrong position, do this. Stand up and move your arm into the position you want it. Pay attention to which joints move and how they move. That will give you idea of which joints you would move and how you would move them.

edited December 1969

Merged duplicate threads - please don't repost a question, as you can see it just leads to people wasting their time giving information you've already received.

edited December 1969

Maybe something is wrong with my joints then (I have stranger things going on, and also similar joint weirdness in my knees). I am perfectly able to put my arms straight out toward my sides (to where they are parallel with the ground), palms facing the ground, thumbs forward, and bend my forearm down to where my palms are parallel with my torso, palms facing inward. I appreciate everyone's help (and sorry, Richard) but I am starting to wonder if maybe I really should see a doctor. :P Is there another way to do this with the G2M aside from using the Side to Side in the forearm? I admit I am not familiar with how the G2M is rigged, and this seems to be an error on my part, but I am truly lost and do appreciate the help.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Maybe something is wrong with my joints then (I have stranger things going on, and also similar joint weirdness in my knees). I am perfectly able to put my arms straight out toward my sides (to where they are parallel with the ground), palms facing the ground, thumbs forward, and bend my forearm down to where my palms are parallel with my torso, palms facing inward. I appreciate everyone's help (and sorry, Richard) but I am starting to wonder if maybe I really should see a doctor. :P Is there another way to do this with the G2M aside from using the Side to Side in the forearm? I admit I am not familiar with how the G2M is rigged, and this seems to be an error on my part, but I am truly lost and do appreciate the help.
    I was born with EDS Ehlers–Danlos syndrome and even I am not that flexible. I strongly suggest that you ask a doctor to test you for EDS. It can become a bad heath issue as you age. I now suffer from Crippling Arthritis and that is only one of the health problems EDS can cause with age.
    edited December 1969

http://bicycles.stackexchange.com/questions/1282/what-hand-signals-work-best-for-cyclists-in-the-us This is what I am talking about. I can't do this with the Genesis 2 Male without using the side to side. (Sorry, I struggle with communication for regular topics, let alone stuff like this)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2014

Collar: Twist 15
    Shoulder: Twist 60
    Forearm: Bend -60

Other joints rotate for that position, not just the elbow.

If you wish the palm to face the figure, then add a -65 or so twist on the forearm as well.

Negative/positive may change depending which side you're doing.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Cane you do that if you bring the other arm round and grip the upper arm so it can't twist?

edited December 1969

Not really. What of it that I can do is because my grip isn't that firm on the arm.