User Presets save locations

I would like to have a separate folder for my custom presets in Presets>Character, Presets>Wearables, Presets, Material etc. Yet when I do so, these presets do not appear the next time I open Studio. If I move them oiut of my folder and into e.g. Presets>Character they appear. What am I missing?

Studio 4.12.1.117,  Win 10 64

Comments

• Where do they not appear - in which pane, and which tree of containers?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I have tried to put a folder inside of Presets>Character, Presets>Material, etc. This is in my content Library. i do not use Smart Content, Connect, or  DAZ Central. They do not appear in the respective folders. They do appear in Presets>Character, Presets, Material etc. A minor thing perhaos, just trying to understand. I have not been creating presets like this very often, rather just saving a new scene or a scene subset.

I can save scenes and scene subsets into folders I have created within the Scenes and Scene Subset root folders.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

So you're in the Content Pane under Categories, and you want them to be in Default>Presets>Character>Myfolder, but they show up in Default>Presets>Character and not in the subfolder?

• If you are creating a folder on disc then that will appear in Daz Studio Formats, it will do nothing to categories. That is why I want to know which container you are looking in.

edited July 2020

<issues with attach>

Post edited by fastbike1 on
    edited July 2020

@Fixmypcmike

No, I don't use categories. I have my content arranged as I like. DAZ Studio Formats>MyDAZ Library>Presets> etc, etc. Richard, when you say container I'm not sure what you mean, even though we both speak a dialect of English. Here's a Screen shot.

capture.png
    1068 x 946 - 240K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • OK, so what I meant by container was the cateogry list or the Daz Studio Formats fiel list, and it seems you are usign the llatter. So, you are saying that if you save in a subfolder of presets in the screen shot above the fiels don't show? Are you sure you are saving in the sub-folder? Are yoyu usign Fille>Save As or are you using the + in the Content Library pane?