Anyone done any renders of Hagar?

nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

https://www.daz3d.com/hagar-for-genesis-8-female

Looks to be an interesting first character, and as the title says, wondering if anyone has any examples.

Comments

• lana_lasslana_lass Posts: 518
    edited July 2020

I've not bought her YET but I plan to and will post renders. All I can say is WOW!! She's got to be one of the most unique Genesis 8 female characters I've seen so far heart A super exciting first offering from Carboncrow -- can't wait to see more of their releases. 

Are they brand new, or known by the community from other sites?

Fav detail on Hagar's texture has to be the cherry angioma between her breasts. So common, but I've never seen one added to a G8 character before.

Post edited by lana_lass on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited July 2020

No idea if they are brand new, or from elsewhere. I actually got an iSourceTextures vibe from the promo image.

I looked at the promos, and thought "that's the look I usually go for".

So even though I render in Blender, I may get and do some comparrisons. Interesting shape and characterisations too.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Will there be an Ishmael?

Seems nice, but a clay render would have been nice to see what's texture and what's mesh.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    Sevrin said:

Seems nice, but a clay render would have been nice to see what's texture and what's mesh.

There is one - last image

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173

Hmmm..., guess I'm in the wrong thread.  I was looking for this guy.indecision

HagarTheHorrible.png
    287 x 329 - 107K
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited July 2020

She reminds me of Bluejaunte's characters.

Post edited by Vyusur on
  • Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,033

I would LOVE to see a toon verrsion of him ESPECIALLY the shaders being the cartoon dots

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    scorpio said:
    Sevrin said:

There is one - last image

That's a grey scale image, not a clay render.

I just purchased it!

The eyebrows do not line up and have to be adjusted on the face.

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585
    edited July 2020

I didn't have any eyebrow issues, but the displacement map is all out of whack across the whole body and she looks like she's having a super severe allergic reaction!!! (ATTACHMENT PIC 1)

Lemme see if I can figure out what it is and I'll edit this for your reference in case it's not just me.  I only loaded up the figure directly from smart content...

EDIT - errrmmm ok I'm a little over my head.  "Max Displacement" is set to something like 2.10 and "Min Displacement" is at like .50.  Neither of them are negative values, so I'm a little lost... I know it's wrong, because if I remove all maps then it works fine, but I wonder what the actual values are supposed to be...  Luckily, it seems to be the same value for the whole character, so you don't need to adjust each surface individually...

OK EDIT 2 - SO it looks like -.1/.1 are the default values, but doing this creates a noticeable gap in the mesh at the neck seam (ATTACHMENT PIC 2).  The only way I've figured to remove it is to completely remove displacement (ATTACHMENT PIC 3).  Other than that, I do like the figure...  It seems like a preset fix that I'm sure somebody is working on...

Hagar_MAT_PRESET.PNG
    1472 x 1318 - 2M
    Default_DISP.PNG
    1486 x 1306 - 2M
    No_DISP.PNG
    1180 x 1319 - 2M
    Post edited by duckbomb on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,501
    Vyusur said:

That was my first thought when I saw the pictures with the character smiling. I thought Bluejaunte had released a new character.

duckbomb said:

I didn't have any eyebrow issues, but the displacement map is all out of whack across the whole body and she looks like she's having a super severe allergic reaction!!!

Lemme see if I can figure out what it is and I'll edit this for your reference in case it's not just me.  I only loaded up the figure directly from smart content...

I reduced the height to make her more petite and the eyebrows didn't scale down

edited July 2020
    duckbomb said:

I didn't have any eyebrow issues, but the displacement map is all out of whack across the whole body and she looks like she's having a super severe allergic reaction!!!

I reduced the height to make her more petite and the eyebrows didn't scale down

YEP!  I just did that... they aren't parented or something, I guess...  lol jeez no bueno.

It seems fitting them to Hagar doesn't work, either... they just parent down by her eyes...  I think this character will need a supporting update...

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

TOTALLY

• SoNaSoNa Posts: 11

I hope the allergy/elephantiasis issue gets fixed soon, but from the promo images, it could be one of my favorite DAZ characters! A mix of beauty with natural realism. I want to see more of that! :)  

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Can someone render and show her profile?  Thanks.

• liquid1911liquid1911 Posts: 24
    edited July 2020

Yep, same problems here. Eyebrows dont follow a pose and the arms, legs and facial displacements are very off. I was able to get her to render correctly once I set all displacements to zero (face, lips, legs, arms, ears and torso). I hope there will be an update soon. Its a very nice figure otherwise

Post edited by liquid1911 on

Can someone render and show her profile?  Thanks.

I'll try to get a render for you... but I'm struggling right now because her skin tone is so grey...  way greyer (in my opinion) than in the promos, so I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

What do you mean by "profile", however?

OK, here's another good thing... The eyebrows included with Hagar seem to be the exact same as the "Super Natural Brows" merchant resource with the "Angled Down Style" applied...  for anybody wondering.  You can just use those and achieve the same (identical, to me) look.  So... that's good! :)

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312

I bought the model this morning before work. She's beautiful . Wish I could share images but won't likely get around to it until Thursday.

Go ahead a buy the model. She looks worth it.

• lana_lasslana_lass Posts: 518
    edited July 2020

Hi @duckbomb! I imagine @Worlds_Edge is requesting a render of Hagar in profile, e.g from the side such as this.

So I haven't bought Hagar yet but your talk of anaphylactic displacement maps, grey skin and wandering eyebrows isn't filling me with confidence at checkout lol. She's SUCH a stunning looking figure... so still worth buying with presumption there will be an update??? Or are the issues really bad?

Post edited by lana_lass on
    edited July 2020
    lana_lass said:

Hi @duckbomb! I imagine @Worlds_Edge is requesting a render of Hagar in profile, e.g from the side such as this.

So I haven't bought Hagar yet but your talk of anaphylactic displacement maps, grey skin and wandering eyebrows isn't filling me with confidence at checkout lol. She's SUCH a stunning looking figure... so still worth buying with presumption there will be an update??? Or are the issues really bad?

Short answer... NO, they aren't super bad if you don't mind just doing manual tweaking.  My expectations are never that everything should be perfect out of the box, but I know that some people do have these, so if that's the case you may be dissapointed in teh amount of work you need to do, but it isnt that bad.  When you pick up Hagar, you need to do this to get her to look like in the promo:

1) I had to turn all displacement OFF... If you level out the values to the defaults it looks OK, but there's a huge difference between teh torso map and the rest, and I can't figure out what it is.  I'd need someone with more experience to help, but turning them off help.

2) Just delete the eyebrows... I can't figure out a single way to get them to work at this moment.  I used the Super Natural Brows merchant resource package, which looks to be the exact same, load those up, and then change the shaping to "angled down style" and it matches the brows perfectly. 

As for the grey color... it could just be me and my tonemapping settings or anything else.  I'd love for someone else to chime in on that...

Honestly, I'm not trying to nitpik, I really like her, I just was stumbling through this and trying to get her render-ready and figured other people would have the same issues. :)

The only issue I still see is that there's a noticeable difference between teh texture up her neck and then on her face, as you can see from the profile shot.  It's not a huge deal for me, though, because I'll just cover it with hair...

EDIT - OK now that I see my own screenshot she doesn't look grey.  She's just a little more grey than the other characters in my scene, I suppose...  :/ .  I dunno, I hope this helps, or at least doesn't make anything worse LOL

Hagar_Profile.PNG
    1661 x 1553 - 2M
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

This is a new PA to DAZ. However issues won't get fixed if no one submits a ticket.

• SoNa said:

I hope the allergy/elephantiasis issue gets fixed soon, but from the promo images, it could be one of my favorite DAZ characters! A mix of beauty with natural realism. I want to see more of that! :)  

As far as I know it can be worked around by applying the shaping and materials presets to a base figure, rather than loading the character preset.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686
    edited July 2020

I'll have to wait until next week to get her, but the displacement (HD) was a huge draw. She looks even better with duckbomb's camera settings.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145
    duckbomb said:
    lana_lass said:
    Short answer... NO, they aren't super bad if you don't mind just doing manual tweaking.  My expectations are never that everything should be perfect out of the box, but I know that some people do have these, so if that's the case you may be dissapointed in teh amount of work you need to do, but it isnt that bad.  When you pick up Hagar, you need to do this to get her to look like in the promo:

1) I had to turn all displacement OFF... If you level out the values to the defaults it looks OK, but there's a huge difference between teh torso map and the rest, and I can't figure out what it is.  I'd need someone with more experience to help, but turning them off help.

2) Just delete the eyebrows... I can't figure out a single way to get them to work at this moment.  I used the Super Natural Brows merchant resource package, which looks to be the exact same, load those up, and then change the shaping to "angled down style" and it matches the brows perfectly. 

As for the grey color... it could just be me and my tonemapping settings or anything else.  I'd love for someone else to chime in on that...

Honestly, I'm not trying to nitpik, I really like her, I just was stumbling through this and trying to get her render-ready and figured other people would have the same issues. :)

The only issue I still see is that there's a noticeable difference between teh texture up her neck and then on her face, as you can see from the profile shot.  It's not a huge deal for me, though, because I'll just cover it with hair...

EDIT - OK now that I see my own screenshot she doesn't look grey.  She's just a little more grey than the other characters in my scene, I suppose...  :/ .  I dunno, I hope this helps, or at least doesn't make anything worse LOL

Thank you for the image and also the instructions on how to fix the issue.  I like the character a lot, but I think I'll wait to hear whether they will fix the materials as I'm not huge on fiddling with settings to make things look right.

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 674

lol my first thought was this guy, but then I realized that his name is spelled with 2 gs

2832018-ff2.jpg
    480 x 316 - 77K
    edited July 2020

Here are a few quick renders.  Displacement map removed and eyebrows replaced with the Luxe ones.

Hagar Side.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 271K
    Hagar Front.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 437K
    Post edited by Sevrin on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Vyusur said:

Yeah, when I saw her I thought she was a Bluejaunte character too. It wasn't until later that I realized it was credited to a different PA.
    Vyusur said:

Yeah, when I saw her I thought she was a Bluejaunte character too. It wasn't until later that I realized it was credited to a different PA.

After having done a few renders, I can say that she has a pretty nice skin.  The model is very different from Bluejaunte's though.  The kinks will get ironed out soon - in geological time - and I look forward to seeing more from this new PA.