Clear animation from an environment?

vagansvagans Posts: 422

I'm using https://www.daz3d.com/lovable-bathroom and setting up a character than I needed to use a timeline animation on for some dForce and suddenly found 151 frames of animation tied to the objects in the environment, with a key for each object on each frame. Advancing a frame makes everything collapse into the middle. Part of the dforce animation is to use the objects in the scene to interact with the clothes.

How can I remove all the frames of "animation" for these scene objects, keeping them where they are, then start with a new set of fresh keyframes for me to work on? The correct layout of the scene is all on frame 0 also, not at the end of the animation.

Post edited by vagans on

Comments

• Select them, then Edit>Object>Clear Animation>Clear Selected Items, assuming they are single node props and not figures.

• vagansvagans Posts: 422
    edited July 2020

Select them, then Edit>Object>Clear Animation>Clear Selected Items, assuming they are single node props and not figures.

Thanks, so I was trying to do the right thing however I was selecting the item in the timeline list and using the hamburger/arrow icon to clear animation but it wasn't working. Apparently that doesn't do objects?

So even though the first frame is everything in place, clearing the animation from objects in this scene makes all the walls and objects move to the center out of place... I don't think I can get around this weird environment setup.

I tried the other 7 tesla3dcorp environments I have and none of them have this timeline crazy setup, seems to be isolated to this Loveable Bathroom. Is this something that could/should actually be fixed? Is that even possible to get done?

Post edited by vagans on
  • PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287
    edited July 2020

@vagans I have that product and forgot about that crazy business. You're right and I just loaded it up to see if I could figure out a workaround... So odd because the correct "Pose" for all the items is on Frame Zero, the next couple frames moves everything quickly into the center like you said, I can't imagine what the purpose of this is.

Here's what you can do, though:

1. Expand the Loveable Bathroom Group in either the Scene or Timeline Tab.

2. Select all of the Nodes under it. (Select LB Tissue, then scroll down and hold SHIFT while selecting LB Shower Door 02).

3. Right Click in the Timeline Key area and choose: Select >Select All Item Keys (Filtered).

Should look like this once you do:

4. Now hold ALT as you click the Key on the first Frame for each Node in order to Deselect them all.

Should look like this once you do:

5. Right click again in the Timeline Key area and choose Delete Selected Keys as also shown above.

Now as shown above, you have the Scene as it should be with no Key Frames beyond the first Frame, Save as either a Scene or Scene Subset and you're good to go, hopefully. :)

Edit: If you actually need to see the screenshots, I guess click the Attachments, they're in the same order. Apparently dragging Attached images into the post body is not how you insert Attached images into the post body? XD Any advice as to how people insert attachments into the Post Body at full size would be appreciated. Pretty sure I've seen that done somehow...

01.PNG
    1920 x 1080 - 908K
    02.PNG
    1920 x 1080 - 907K
    03.PNG
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Phatmartino on
  • Thanks a lot! I had the same issue you saved me a lot of time!