How to make a environment map blurry (Hdri map)

Hi i think everything is on the title but to explain more in details.

I have a car scene with two characters chatting. The camera is inside the car so to avoid a heavy background i just set a Hdri map as environment. But the map i have dont fit perfectly to my needs.

So i have the idea to make it a little bit blurry so we cant see the map details. I try with a camera with depth of fields but the map dont become blurry enough.

So if you have ideas???

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

Open the HDRI file in an image editor that can handle 32 bit imges and run a blur filter on the image and save it in HDR format. (The HDRI imge may will look solid white when you openit in the editor, since you are looking at an 8 bit preview of the 32 bit data. If you are unfamiliar with editing 32 bit images, study up on that first.)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    barbult said:

Open the HDRI file in an image editor that can handle 32 bit imges and run a blur filter on the image and save it in HDR format. (The HDRI imge may will look solid white when you openit in the editor, since you are looking at an 8 bit preview of the 32 bit data. If you are unfamiliar with editing 32 bit images, study up on that first.)

And while you are doing that, you might as well lower the resolution at the same time.

• crazelmancrazelman Posts: 18

Thanks for the replies.

In a corner of my head i was thinking of that solution but for sure i will have prefer something already native to daz. 

But well if i have no choice i look around on gimp and tryu to do it

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

You could render the HDRI only (hide everything else in your scene) with a shallow depth of field so that it is blurry and then save that render. Then in the Environment pane, use that saved render as a backdrop. Next, change you render settings to turn Draw Dome OFF. Make the rest of your scene visible again. Adjust your camera depth of field back to the value you want for the rest of your scene. Render the scene.