Is it me, or is the latest Daz update extremely problematic?

I just updated Daz, and I've been a Daz user for years and years since Poser days. I am experience crashes several times a day (working on it for 8 hours) - It's frustrating because even though I save often, I still lose valuable work each time. I am a Rhino3D and 3DStudio Max user. No issues with any other apps.

Rundown of my hardware

Ryzen 7 1800x - (Not overclocking)

32GB DDR4

1TB SSD and about 15 assorted data drives running SATA and USB3

GTX 1660Ti video 6gb

About 40 purchased models from Daz3d.com

I'm sure that doesn't help much at all, but I keep drivers up to date, I watch my cpu for throttling and most of the crashes don't even happen during render, mostly just using Daz

I'm running a high end liquid cooler and have a temp monitor, it never even dips into the higher end.

It's frustrating because I find Daz helpful for basic dForce, and smaller animations - But lately I've been keeping the app closed. I have completely cleaned this thing out and also installed it on a second machine. (and downloaded a new binary) - I am seeing the same issues on both systems.

Doubt anyone can help, but please by the love of all that is holy, let me know any input you think would be useful for what to try next 

Comments

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

I have not had any issues with crashing but don't use it for 8 hours straight. It is certainly possible there is some sort of resource leak that crqashes DS after a couple of hours of heavy use. I have not seen any reports that indicate that though. If it just randomly crashes and not when you're doing the same sorts of things then it is very hard to point you to anything to try. I'd submit a bug report andsee if they have have anything useful to say.

• mclaughmclaugh Posts: 221

Have you updated your video driver? If you started getting crashes after updating and the previously installed version wasn't crashing, it's likely that there's something screwy in the update itself.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Take note of what you are doing when you crash and submit a ticket.  It may be a known issue, and by avoiding certain things, you may be able to avoid some frustration.

Like Fit Control for G8X cause crashes pretty much all the time, and we've been waiting for a fix for a few months.

• DafaDafa Posts: 97

I know that if you manually attempt to weight map an object for simulation (and fail horribly) the app will crash. So, there is a possibility that some of the simulation settings you have for your objects are incorrectly configured causing DAZ3D to crash, unfortunately. 

Since you said you handle your computer temp very well, I'm not sure what you mean by crash. Did your computer crash (unexpected computer shutdown) or did DAZ Studio ONLY crash? Me personally with this new update almost every time when I have more than 800 MB of Geometry DAZ falls back to CPU and causes my computer to crash.