Searching for some hard to find scenes

ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
edited June 2014 in The Commons

Hi all! I've got some scenery requests I'd like to throw some money at, but I'm having trouble finding them in the Poser/DAZ/3D realm. Maybe one of you has come across something like these in your travels...

1. A Jousting Yard
Need a small area in which a jousting tournament could conceivably be held. Ideally, this will include seating for spectators, relevant banners, fences, etc.

2. A Pet Store
This is a lot harder to find than I expected. The only one I can find is part of this bundle and while $49 is a decent price for all those scenes, the only one I need is the pet store, and it feels like a lot just for that one...

3. A large contemporary urban bridge (that isn't the Golden Gate)
This would be a nighttime scene, so doesn't really need to connect to land at either end. Need a bridge that feels sufficiently large that jumping off it would lead to death. Possibly something a bit like this: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-bridge/711807

Thanks for your time.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited June 2014

It's possible that no one but me wants these scenes, but on the off-chance, here's an update:

1. Jousting Arena

There is an interesting obj file for only $1 on TurboSquid, called "Knight battle." I won't post a link here because of forum rules, but it's a very simple file without a whole lot of detail (though more than you might expect for a single dollar). With low lights, and surrounding the various elements with more detailed objects, like DAZ's Fantasy Camp tents, and Medieval Docks buildings, and the walls from Medieval Gatehouse (and the gatehouse itself), with the Stonemason Fantasy Island Castle in the background, it looks quite striking.

(see below image for an example render. The ground comes with this $1.00 obj file, as do the grandstands. The building in the background is DAZ's Medieval Gatehouse.)

2. Pet Store

Confirmed: The only way to get the pet store is to buy the entire Meshbox bundle for $49. Sigh. I hope it doesn't come to that in the end. Still holding out for a cheaper miracle!

3. Bridge

No updates yet.

page014-4.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 890K
    Post edited by ShaneWSmith on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Roygee is working on this bridge: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41913/

edited December 1969

Roygee is working on this bridge: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41913/

Fantastic! Thanks for the link! :D

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Free bridges - http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/architecture/bridge?keyword=&sort_column=A5&sort_order=asc

Pet store ... I would look for any store with shelves and then add cages and aquariums ...

• Lord MajesticLord Majestic Posts: 51
    edited June 2014

I need a Jousting arena as well.

The only ones I've found Are:

Igohigh's Props
    An old poser 4 file, needs work.

Behind the Scenes: Virtual Joust
    Download at the bottom of the page, but it's nothing like the picture. And the textures need converting (.tga). And there's no licensing info, so using it for anything other than Personnel Use might not be a good idea.

Post edited by Lord Majestic on
    edited December 1969

I need a Jousting arena as well.

The only ones I've found Are:

Igohigh's Props
    An old poser 4 file, needs work.

Behind the Scenes: Virtual Joust
    Download at the bottom of the page, but it's nothing like the picture. And the textures need converting (.tga). And there's no licensing info, so using it for anything other than Personnel Use might not be a good idea.

Oh man, the picture in the last one looks exactly like what I wanted!
    The one I ended up with is an okay compromise, but I might give this a look anyways! Thanks. If I really like it, I might contact the owner and see what's what re: licencing.

Update re: BRIDGES.
    In addition to the bridge currently being modelled here by Roygee, freebie3d.com and archive3d.net have a number of free bridge models that I'll be checking out tonight.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,859
    edited December 1969

Evil Producer did a cool Carrara jousting scene and surrounding environs with placeholders for medieval buildings
    not much help if you do not have Carrara

edited December 1969

Thanks everyone for your help so far. I've sorted out the jousting scene and the bridge.

Still need a pet store, though... might have to end up kitbashing one manually as Kerya suggested.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited June 2014
    Post edited by patience55 on