List of Shader Mixer Tutorials and Recipes

13»

Comments

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited May 2013

I sincerely apolohize-- Once again I've hurt someone just like I always do... When I posted that, it did not dawn on me how hostile it sounded, nor do I think I properly thought it through before posting it. Also, I'm surprised that there's a way to restore the image links-- they look like HTML code put through a paper shredder.

I looked on your initial post though and I don't see anything about accessing those dead images... So how would I have even found it before you mentioned it above...? :(

Post edited by IceEmpress on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited May 2013

opal42987 said:
    I sincerely apolohize-- Once again I've hurt someone just like I always do... When I posted that, it did not dawn on me how hostile it sounded, nor do I think I properly thought it through before posting it. Also, I'm surprised that there's a way to restore the image links-- they look like HTML code put through a paper shredder.

I looked on your initial post though and I don't see anything about accessing those dead images... So how would I have even found it before you mentioned it above...? :(

First, no problem...we all post sometimes without thinking.

The post I quoted was not one I made have another look at the quote and then look at the first page of this thread where I copied it from.

The original post was from ReDave....

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

Wait, how do you read these images? A lot of them don't even have any numerical data, just a bunch of letter-labelled menu items, that supposedly make them recipes...?

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

A new shader recipe: quick and dirty opacity with a PNG's Alpha Channel. Long version here.

Optimizing_PNG_maps_in_DS4.jpg
    787 x 508 - 172K
    edited December 1969

A new shader recipe: quick and dirty opacity with a PNG's Alpha Channel. Long version here.

Thanks! This is a great tip that is easy to use.
    edited December 1969

opal42987 said:
    Wait, how do you read these images? A lot of them don't even have any numerical data, just a bunch of letter-labelled menu items, that supposedly make them recipes...?

First, sorry I haven't answered this sooner. RL has been insane the last 4-6 weeks as I've been writing reports and somehow I missed this post.

A recipe is a shader network that you can create using ShaderMixer. I would recommend looking first at some of Carnite's tutorials and the DAZ video tutorials before looking at the posted networks from people.

Essentially in Shadermixer you use bricks to create a recipe/network that you can apply to your object.

The DAZ default Shader is generally the starting point for a material shader. You can also make Light, displacement and volume shaders.

Start with the tutorials I mentioned and they will explain the basics.

edited December 1969

I've recently uploaded two Shader Mixer Tutorials over at ShareCG

Both use the mix brick.

One to create two colour patterns and one to allow for layering on an object.

Links are
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/70265/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/Creating-a-simple-mix-network-layered-materials

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70329/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/Two-coloured-patterns-in-Shadermixer-Tutorial

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

The two colored patterns tutorial is missing the pdf.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Thanks for letting me know..I could have sworn I attached it. Lol

I'll fix it once I get my computer booted up.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    AtticAnne said:

Thanks for letting me know..I could have sworn I attached it. Lol

I'll fix it once I get my computer booted up.

For some reason when I uploaded the file it would go through but not actually upload the file after working with David at ShareCG the file is now uploaded.

Sorry about the hassle...

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Great! I now have both downloaded. Thank you so much.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Great! I now have both downloaded. Thank you so much.

Your welcome...: )

edited July 2013

New thread has been started http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25448/

This will allow me to update the thread as bfurner is no longer with DAZ 3D and the list wasn't getting updated.

If you have any new links or find any broken links please pm.

Thanks

Pen

Post edited by Pendraia on
This discussion has been closed.