How do I find third-party resources?

I purchased some third-party (Not from the Daz3D Store) items and I thought followed the instructions. I am a brand new user to the Daz3D Studio, so I might have missed something. I basically copied the folders I purchased (as directed) to the Users > [username] > Documents > DAZ 3D > Studio > My Library. I had all my software closed and when i started it back up, I still don't know where to look for things. I tried using the Daz search but nothing came up. Is this something super simple that I'm just not getting?

Thanks

John

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,093

If you're like me, and installed DAZ Store assets with DIM, that one, by default, stores in it a "Public" directory. Users > Public Documents > DAZ 3D > Studio (I need to check mine to be sure, but it's similar to this.)

You might just need to move that 3rd party asset to the Public folder, so it can be with the rest of your other stuff.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

Are you looking in the Smart Content tab or the Content Library one? Most third-party products do not include metadata to populate the content management databases, so they would not appear in Smart Content. You would need to navigate (in the Content Library tab) to My Library and expand from there to find them - I suppose they come with a ReadMe which will tell you exactly where to look?

• Thank you both! I believe it was a case of needing to use the "Content Library" nd not the "Smart Content Tab". is there a way to assocaite things in the content library to the smart content tab?