Can I give "Fit To" parameters to an .OBJ?

I wonder if there is a way to make a prop say.. in Blender amd make it Fit To a Genesis Figure. I know i can parent it but i don't see Fit To parameter for imported .obj when in daz. Hope there is a way to do it that I don't know about yet. I know there is got to be some kind of script, otherwise how would daz store vendors make clothing and hair that fits.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

it needs to be rigged to have the fit to properties. You can try transferring the rig of another rigged figure to the obj as long as the joints line up, otherwise it needs to be rigged manually.

• bfarber2011bfarber2011 Posts: 146

it needs to be rigged to have the fit to properties. You can try transferring the rig of another rigged figure to the obj as long as the joints line up, otherwise it needs to be rigged manually.

Thank you!
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

It needs to be converted to a figure to have fit to properties.

It needs to be converted to a figure to have fit to properties.

Thank you!
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,815

the icon like a male symbol with a circle and arrow is the transfer utility 

you need to have your target object exactly lined up to the base figure to use it,

if it is not on load then under edit object  rigging convert to figure and move it and resize it using the bone created underneath then go to edit figure rigging and convert back to prop

then you can run the transfer utility dialogue brought up by clicking the circle arrow icon choosing the genesis# figure as source and your mesh as the target

• Depending on the shape and the intention with the OBJ, you may be able to dForce, simulate, and hope for the best.
    With luck, it might even work.

(I swear some dforce clothing can feel like that. LOL.)

the icon like a male symbol with a circle and arrow is the transfer utility 

you need to have your target object exactly lined up to the base figure to use it,

if it is not on load then under edit object  rigging convert to figure and move it and resize it using the bone created underneath then go to edit figure rigging and convert back to prop

then you can run the transfer utility dialogue brought up by clicking the circle arrow icon choosing the genesis# figure as source and your mesh as the target

Thank You!

Nice!