How Should I Interpret "Compatible Figures" versus "Required Products"

I've been admiring raiya's splendid-looking Tyler HD for Michael 6. The product page says that "Compatible Figures" are Genesis 2 Males while "Required Products" is Michael 6. Am I correct to assume this means that I must have Michael 6 to use Tyler HD? I had imagined that having Genesis 2 Male would have been enough. Thanks to all replies.

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,023

I've been admiring raiya's splendid-looking Tyler HD for Michael 6. The product page says that "Compatible Figures" are Genesis 2 Males while "Required Products" is Michael 6. Am I correct to assume this means that I must have Michael 6 to use Tyler HD? I had imagined that having Genesis 2 Male would have been enough. Thanks to all replies.

By compatible, it means that it's a character from the Genesis 2 Generation. Therefore you will be able to load the character. However, since it requires Michael 6 (a core character from that generation) you will need to own him in order to get the advertised look since it uses part of M6 shape/morph. Not having M6 might give you a very different result when you load him. You could always ask if someone who owns Tylet HD (https://www.daz3d.com/tyler-hd-for-michael-6) could post a render with Michael 6 dialed out.
  • contedesfeescontedesfees Posts: 233

Thanks for yours, FenixPhoenix. It is very much appreciated.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I don't own Tyler HD, but it is possible that it uses the Michael 6 UV maps as well as his morphs. If that is the case, you won't be able to use his skin materials without owning Michale 6 either. Without Michael 6, the skin would have gaps and distortions. 

• contedesfeescontedesfees Posts: 233

Thanks for yours, barbult. I greatly appreciate this information.

• FenixPhoenix and Contedesfees, thank you for your answers here.  I have a follow up question in regards to skin materials. Using Tyler/Michael to continue the anaolgy.

If not owning Michael results in Tyler not being able to use the skin materials which came with Tyler (due to gaps and distortions) would using the skin materials from another generation compatible figure be possible or would it have the same gaps and distortions issue?