Do I need fewer resources with HD models?

Do I need fewer resources with HD models?

In other words, if I buy a HD Genesis 8 model (with any necessary pre-requisites).. aside from hair and clothing and props.. do I need head morphs, body morphs, skin builder.. will these things improve the scene? Or is it as good as it is going to get?

Obviously, if I want to customise the model, I am going to need to be able to tweak it.. but is it worth tweaking a HD model or will this just ruin it?

I am going to need some older characters and they are in shorter supply. I can see there are ways of ageing characters (and content to support that), but is there any purpose in ageing a hd character? Or are you just taking away what made it look great?

Any help much appreciated. Got a 50% coupon and want to buy what I need, but not what I don't need right now. Hope to use it for platinum though.

Comments

• HD moprhs are applied to the regular model - alll of the Genesis figures are SubD, meaning that the basic mesh defining their shape is divided and smoothed after posing (try setting Mesh Resolution to Base in the Parameters pane to see the raw mesh). An HD morph, unlike a regular morph, is able to move the vertices created by the SubD process (down to a certain level, usually three or four dvisions) and usually the HD morph will apply onyl fine detaill on top of a corresponding regular morph. So yes, iif you want to further adjust the shape you will need additional morphs. Generally the HD morph should mix with others about as well as any other morph pairing - sometimes well, sometimes the details will seem to be in the wrong place.

• Thank you